c++ - strange debugger behaviour

reply rehjr optusnet.com.au writes:
I received my Digital Mars CD a few days ago,
and have been beating my head against the wall
trying to make it work.  It runs all right, and
even compiles minimal programs.  But when I try
to compile something larger (a smallish 3 module
C++ program that links in functions from a 10
module C lib) things fall apart.  Program fails
with the usual windows page fault, and when I
try to trace down into the offending routine,
the debugger bounces around skipping lines.

Has anybody seen these before?  Compiling C
in debug mode, and then when tracing thru it
the debugger skips executable lines or somehow
gets out of sync with the souce?

And yes, I have optimizations turned off.

Thanks for any info anybody has on this.
I really would like to switch to Digital Mars,
but it isn't looking too promising at this point.
May 12 2003
Try using windbg.exe on it. I find sometimes that different debuggers have
different characteristics that are helpful.

news:3EBF4E3D.EFA7E026 optusnet.com.au...