c++ - DMC make - does it do macro string substitution?

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
I'm using the following syntax:

EXES_MFCSTL  = $(OBJS_MFCSTL:.obj=.exe)

Doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Apr 07 2003
next sibling parent reply Arjan Knepper <ask me.to> writes:
I'm using this at several places and just works. (Using smake.exe)

OBJS	= $(SRCS:.c=.obj)

Matthew Wilson wrote:
 I'm using the following syntax:

 EXES_MFCSTL  = $(OBJS_MFCSTL:.obj=.exe)

 Doesn't work.

 Any ideas?

Apr 07 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
I'm using make, as I'm preparing a distribution that will be usable by
everyone (and not just the CD-buyers).

I've just explicitly duplicated all the symbols. sigh ...

news:b6s6f1$1nq$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Matthew Wilson wrote:
 I'm using the following syntax:

 EXES_MFCSTL  = $(OBJS_MFCSTL:.obj=.exe)

 Doesn't work.

 Any ideas?
Apr 07 2003
parent Arjan Knepper <ask me.to> writes:
I know what you mean, I was just playing with make smake and gnu-make
for win32. I think I would choose gnu-make.

Matthew Wilson wrote:

I'm using the following syntax:

EXES_MFCSTL  = $(OBJS_MFCSTL:.obj=.exe)

Doesn't work.