From: "Wu Yongwei" <Wu_member pathlink.com>
Newsgroups: c++
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 2:44 PM
Subject: SC version number

 I see that though DMC now has version 8.32.17n, the version number of SC
is
 still 8.29n.  When will version number be increased?  I suppose the
current way
 might confuse some people.

 Best regards,

 Wu Yongwei
"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:b3k7md$l2s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 scppn.exe bears the latest version.

 This seems to be a regular area of confusion. Any reasons why
sc.exe/dnc.exe
 can't be updated to correspond to the DMC++ version as a whole, Walter?
Everything that changes increases the testing time and risk of inadvertant breakage. I try not to change things just to change a version number. The correct version number of the whole package is the vXXX file in \dm.
Feb 27 2003