c++ - Missed functions in libraries

reply Wlodzimierz Skiba <abx abx.art.pl> writes:
Hi,

I recently verified compilation of MegaPOV (command line version) with
Digital Mars C++ compiler/linker and found two problems:
- function atof is in headers but is not in linked library
- function unlink is in headers but is not in linked library
More details can be found at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/binaries.html#windows_compile

Is there any simple explanation for this or some ommision on my side?

ABX
I'll check it out. Thanks.

(unlink() is no longer necessary, use the standard function remove())

"Wlodzimierz Skiba" <abx abx.art.pl> wrote in message
news:av4k31$2a0l$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 I recently verified compilation of MegaPOV (command line version) with
 Digital Mars C++ compiler/linker and found two problems:
 - function atof is in headers but is not in linked library
 - function unlink is in headers but is not in linked library
 More details can be found at:
 http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/binaries.html#windows_compile

 Is there any simple explanation for this or some ommision on my side?

 ABX
Jan 03 2003
parent reply "Włodzimierz Skiba" <abx abx.art.pl> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in
news:av4mov$2bhd$1 digitaldaemon.com:
 I'll check it out. Thanks.
I will also try to make a GUI version of MegaPOV/POV-Ray. I hope there will be no more problems.
I already wrote it at mentioned url :-)
 http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/binaries.html#windows_compile
Also for atof I used workaround with sscanf() to get working binaries. #if defined( __DMC__ ) && defined( LACK_OF_ATOF_IN_DMC_PATCH ) if (sscanf( Local_C_String, "%g", &Val)!=1) { Error("Wrong float value"); } #else Val = atof(Local_C_String); #endif ABX
strtod() is a much better replacement for atof().

news:av4ngj$2bje$1 digitaldaemon.com...