c++ - env vars as macros in smake

reply Kon Tantos <ksoft1 attglobal.net> writes:
It appears that macros which correspond to predefined env vars are case
sensititive in smake. Eg the following trivial makefile.
(I am using 8.31 (cd) on W2k sp3)
--
all:
	REM UPPER case macro expands to $(WXINC1)

produces the following output on my system
--
         REM UPPER case macro expands to
F:\wx2\include;F:\wx2\contrib\include
         REM MiXed case macro expands to
         REM lower case macro expands to
--
WXINC1 is a predefined environmental var.

This is not a problem in itself, but I have tried using env var macros
in the IDDE to specify include directories. The IDDE converts & stores
my macro names in lowercase & then the make fails because the macro does
not expand correctly.
--
Regards
Kon Tantos
Sounds like a bug in the IDDE. I'll log it. Thanks, -Walter

news:3E0F7705.50004 attglobal.net...