c++ - Const confusion

reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Walter

The following code:

class X
{
public:
    operator char const * const() const;
    operator char * const();

};

int main(int /* argc */, char ** /*argv*/)
{
    X           x;
    char const  *pc     =   x;

    return 0;
};

gives the error:

    char const  *pc     =   x;
                             ^
h:\dev\test\compiler\dm\xsconst\xsconst.cpp(17) : Error: need explicit cast
to convert
from: X
to  : char const *
--- errorlevel 1

Removing the second const, which is the unnecessary one, from the first line
corrects the confusion. This is a bug with both 8.28 and 8.30.3

Matthew
Sep 22 2002
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Walter

The other two I posted at the same time have been resolved, so wondering
whether this one gone under your radar?

Matthew

"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:amlf50$31i8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 The following code:

 class X
 {
[...]

news:amrmea$1rai$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 The other two I posted at the same time have been resolved, so wondering
 whether this one gone under your radar?

 Matthew
No, it's still on my todo list.
Sep 25 2002
parent "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
:)

news:amrsgs$22r2$1 digitaldaemon.com...