c++ - using namespace std; generates errors

reply jm <jm_member pathlink.com> writes:
when trying to open up the std namespace the compiler gives me an error. I
simply use

using namespace std;

and the compiler tells me that std is an undefined identifier
Jun 07 2002
parent reply "Laurentiu Pancescu" <user domain.invalid> writes:
DMC isn't (yet!) compliant.  Actually, it is ARM C++ compliant, so you'll
have to use the old style C++:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

must be modified to:

#include <iostream.h>

Laurentiu

"jm" <jm_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:adr05h$14o0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 when trying to open up the std namespace the compiler gives me an error. I
 simply use

 using namespace std;

 and the compiler tells me that std is an undefined identifier
Jun 08 2002
parent reply "Matthew Burgess" <ca9mbu eos.sunderland.ac.uk> writes:
Does anyone know if/when digitalmars will become compliant to the C++
standard (INCITS/ISO/IEC 14882-1998) - at least in terms of supporting std
namespaces and #include <iostream> rather than #include <iostream.h>?  Are
there many other glaringly obvious noncompliant aspects of the compiler?

Thanks,

Matthew Burgess

"Laurentiu Pancescu" <user domain.invalid> wrote in message
news:adtpa8$17ti$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 DMC isn't (yet!) compliant.  Actually, it is ARM C++ compliant, so you'll
 have to use the old style C++:

 #include <iostream>
 using namespace std;

 must be modified to:

 #include <iostream.h>

 Laurentiu

 "jm" <jm_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:adr05h$14o0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 when trying to open up the std namespace the compiler gives me an error.
 simply use

 using namespace std;

 and the compiler tells me that std is an undefined identifier
Jun 28 2002
parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.cc> writes:
These are the two main onces AFAIK.
The compiler is (was) basically compliant to an older standard.
These things, i.e. namespaces and templates is being worked on, however, there
is no release date I am aware of.
Jan