D - D vs. C#

reply Aaron England <aarone NO.SPAM.hawaii.edu> writes:
I've read the FAQ and it mentions C++ vs. D and Java vs. D, what strict

Jan 12 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> writes:

than that, they're pretty close feature-wise from what little I know about

Sean

"Aaron England" <aarone NO.SPAM.hawaii.edu> wrote in message
news:Xns930133D4A3C8aaronehawaiiedu 63.105.9.61...
 I've read the FAQ and it mentions C++ vs. D and Java vs. D, what strict

very large VM runtime and is isolated from the machine. This makes it

don't think its array semantics approach the flexibility and power of D's.

"Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> wrote in message
news:avronh$vo3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 than that, they're pretty close feature-wise from what little I know about

 Sean

 "Aaron England" <aarone NO.SPAM.hawaii.edu> wrote in message
 news:Xns930133D4A3C8aaronehawaiiedu 63.105.9.61...
 I've read the FAQ and it mentions C++ vs. D and Java vs. D, what strict

Jan 12 2003
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <seanpalmer directvinternet.com> writes:
You're right on those points.  The need for VM isn't crucial to the language
and I see no reason why they can't strap on a backend that generates native

pointers.

IntPtr ip = new IntPtr(myaddress);

think.

news:avsdqg$452$2 digitaldaemon.com...