D - documentation bug?: i++

reply "Georg D." <georg nospam.net> writes:
hello,

in various documentation texts there is "for (int i = 0; i < _something_;
i++)".
why i++? I think it should be ++i, no metter how good optimizer we have.

regards,
Georg
Dec 20 2002
parent reply Evan McClanahan <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> writes:
Georg D. wrote:
 hello,

 in various documentation texts there is "for (int i = 0; i < _something_;
 i++)".
 why i++? I think it should be ++i, no metter how good optimizer we have.

 regards,
 Georg
++i and i++ both have valid and different semantic meanings. Both are allowed in D. I don't see what difference it makes which one you use in a loop. Evan
Dec 21 2002
"Evan McClanahan" <evan dontSPAMaltarinteractive.com> wrote in message
news:au25pi$2nsb$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 in various documentation texts there is "for (int i = 0; i <
_something_;
 i++)".
 why i++? I think it should be ++i, no metter how good optimizer we have.
++i and i++ both have valid and different semantic meanings. Both are allowed in D. I don't see what difference it makes which one you use in a loop.
Since for that use, the same code will be generated for either, which you use is purely a matter of personal taste.
Dec 27 2002