D - error in stream.d?

reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
The following error was encountered while trying to run a small program
that compiled with D:

Error: Assertion Failure stream(1154)

maybe a legit error, or maybe just me.
Sep 08 2002
next sibling parent Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> wrote in news:alh1tf$119r$1
 digitaldaemon.com:

 The following error was encountered while trying to run a small program
 that compiled with D:

 Error: Assertion Failure stream(1154)

 maybe a legit error, or maybe just me.

It's not you. I've run into this too.
Sep 08 2002
prev sibling parent reply Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Andrew Edwards wrote:

 The following error was encountered while trying to run a small program
 that compiled with D:

 Error: Assertion Failure stream(1154)
It's in the unittest. And the unittest for streams is quite stupid (and actually non-portable), and should be replaced. For now, just remove it (it's at the very end of stream.d) and recompile.
Sep 08 2002
next sibling parent reply "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:alh62u$18qv$2 digitaldaemon.com...
| Andrew Edwards wrote:
|
| > The following error was encountered while trying to run a small program
| > that compiled with D:
| >
| > Error: Assertion Failure stream(1154)
|
| It's in the unittest. And the unittest for streams is quite stupid (and
| actually non-portable), and should be replaced. For now, just remove
| it (it's at the very end of stream.d) and recompile.

While recompiling stream.d I got the bellow errors! Can I ignore them on
the account that I only made the above recommended change?  If so how do I
go about reinserting the object code into the posbos library file?

stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dinvariant__d_invariant_FC6ObjectZv
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_assert
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_newclass
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_throw 4
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Error__ctor_FAaZC5Error
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_arrayappendc
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_framehandler
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __except_list
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_new
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_arraysetlength
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_array_bounds
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_arraycopy
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dstring_iswhite_FaZi
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_switch_error
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __fltused
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dstring_toStringz_FAaZPa
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __vsnprintf
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined ___alloca
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dcrc_init_crc32_FZk
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dcrc_update_crc32_FhkZk
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_arraycat
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Object_eq_FC6ObjectZi
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Object_cmp_FC6ObjectZi
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Object_print_FZv
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __vtbl_ClassInfo
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Object_toHash_FZk
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Exception_toString_FZAa
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Dobject_Exception_print_FZv
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __Class_Object
stream.obj(stream)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined __Class_Error
OPTLINK : Warning 134: No Start Address
--- errorlevel 30
Sep 11 2002
parent Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Andrew Edwards wrote:

 While recompiling stream.d I got the bellow errors! Can I ignore them on
 the account that I only made the above recommended change?  If so how do I
 go about reinserting the object code into the posbos library file?
To recompile it correctly: dmd -c stream.d To add it to the library: lib phobos.lib -+stream.obj;
Sep 11 2002
prev sibling parent "Andrew Edwards" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
Problem solved by searching for and replacing all 18s with 17s in stream.d
and recompiling.

"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:alh62u$18qv$2 digitaldaemon.com...
| Andrew Edwards wrote:
|
| > The following error was encountered while trying to run a small program
| > that compiled with D:
| >
| > Error: Assertion Failure stream(1154)
|
| It's in the unittest. And the unittest for streams is quite stupid (and
| actually non-portable), and should be replaced. For now, just remove
| it (it's at the very end of stream.d) and recompile.

Sep 12 2002