D - D and Modula 2 / Modula 3

reply "Trevor Croll" <trevorcroll fastmail.fm> writes:
Has anyone compared D with modula 2 and/or modula  3

Modula 2/3 also does not require header files,
links with obj files
seems similar in syntax

Is there a relationship,  does D have Nickalus Wirth's compiler language
constructs as part of its philosophy and design?

best regards Trevor
Jul 22 2002
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Trevor Croll" <trevorcroll fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:ahifa4$2uk3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Has anyone compared D with modula 2 and/or modula  3

 Modula 2/3 also does not require header files,
 links with obj files
 seems similar in syntax

 Is there a relationship,  does D have Nickalus Wirth's compiler language
 constructs as part of its philosophy and design?
No, there is no relationship other than coincidence. The last time I looked at M2 was around 1985 or so <g>.
Jul 22 2002
prev sibling parent "anderson" <anderson firestar.com.au> writes:
I think you could compare D to any language and find simularities. These
just happen to be Modula's, although I would consider C/C++ to have closer
syntax.

"Trevor Croll" <trevorcroll fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:ahifa4$2uk3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Has anyone compared D with modula 2 and/or modula  3

 Modula 2/3 also does not require header files,
 links with obj files
 seems similar in syntax

 Is there a relationship,  does D have Nickalus Wirth's compiler language
 constructs as part of its philosophy and design?

 best regards Trevor
Jul 23 2002