D - ALPHA v0.35 errors

reply Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com> writes:
Assertion failure: '!needThis()' on line 135 in file 'tocsym.c'

Caused by the following code.

struct Foo
{
  int size;
  int a;
}

int main(char[][] args)
{
  Foo bar;

  printf("bar.size = %d\n",bar.size);
  printf("Foo.size = %d\n",Foo.size);

  return 0;
}

It does raise the question about what happens when a language defined
property is hidden by a struct or class member.
Jul 21 2002
parent reply Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> writes:
 It does raise the question about what happens when a language defined
 property is hidden by a struct or class member.
I think it just should be forbidden, to avoid confusion.
Jul 21 2002
parent "OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> writes:
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:CFN374589720160185 news.digitalmars.com...
 On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 18:50:07 +0000 (UTC) Patrick Down <pat codemoon.com>
 It does raise the question about what happens when a language defined
 property is hidden by a struct or class member.
I think it just should be forbidden, to avoid confusion.
I agree. -- Stijn OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com http://OddesE.cjb.net _________________________________________________ Remove _XYZ from my address when replying by mail
Jul 24 2002