D - Software written in D

reply Toyotomi <kaishaku13 hotmail.com> writes:
I want to see some non-text-only software written in D...
Can some of you post some URL's to cool examples?

I think D should be multiplatform but should first concentrate on a nice
RAD environment for windows. It should not use an existing peerless
multiplatform GUI toolkit. The hard and annoying work of creating the D
gui toolkit should be done for each platform individually.

insight for troubling nit picky things in a standard library. For RAD
questions as well, but Java is peerless and that's not good imho. An
approach like Borland's VCL/XCL is also worth a look, as it is practical.
Jul 08 2002
parent reply andy <acoliver apache.org> writes:
Toyotomi wrote:
 I want to see some non-text-only software written in D...
 Can some of you post some URL's to cool examples?

 I think D should be multiplatform but should first concentrate on a nice
 RAD environment for windows. It should not use an existing peerless
 multiplatform GUI toolkit. The hard and annoying work of creating the D
 gui toolkit should be done for each platform individually.

 insight for troubling nit picky things in a standard library. For RAD
 questions as well, but Java is peerless and that's not good imho. An
 approach like Borland's VCL/XCL is also worth a look, as it is practical.
Have you looked at GTK? I think a peerful multi-platform gui toolkit can work nicely.
Jul 08 2002
next sibling parent Toyotomi <kaishaku13 hotmail.com> writes:
Have you looked at GTK?  I think a peerful multi-platform gui toolkit
can work nicely.
GTK in Windows is ugly and non-standard. It is not what users are used to. There are other issues as well, but if I mention those, the all important ones I just mentioned would likely be completely ignored in replies.
Jul 08 2002
prev sibling parent reply "Steven Shaw" <steven_shaw iprimus.com.au> writes:
What about leveraging wxwindows?

"andy" <acoliver apache.org> wrote in message
news:3D2A1A1A.6020403 apache.org...
 Toyotomi wrote:
 I want to see some non-text-only software written in D...
 Can some of you post some URL's to cool examples?

 I think D should be multiplatform but should first concentrate on a nice
 RAD environment for windows. It should not use an existing peerless
 multiplatform GUI toolkit. The hard and annoying work of creating the D
 gui toolkit should be done for each platform individually.

 insight for troubling nit picky things in a standard library. For RAD
 questions as well, but Java is peerless and that's not good imho. An
 approach like Borland's VCL/XCL is also worth a look, as it is
practical.
 Have you looked at GTK?  I think a peerful multi-platform gui toolkit
 can work nicely.
Jul 09 2002
parent "Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
"Steven Shaw" <steven_shaw iprimus.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:ageatm$29mn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 What about leveraging wxwindows?
Hi, I once managed the open-source project for a portable GUI library OpenAmulet (http://www.openip.org) that uses constraints, which is a very powerful concept. I'm interested in getting the first steps done in porting it to D. Anyone interested? -- Robert M. Münch IT & Management Freelancer Mobile: +49 (0)177 2452 802 Fax : +49 (0)721 8408 9112 Web : http://www.robertmuench.de
Jul 09 2002