D - Compiler configuration?

reply "Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
I'm trying to compile and run a couple of the D samples provided
with the compiler and keep getting a can't find 'link' error.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Here is the same error generated when I attempt run the example
provide at www.digitalmars.com/d\alpha.html.

E:\dmd\samples\d>\dmd\bin\shell all.sh
shell 1.00
\dmd\bin\dmd hello
link hello,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
Can't run 'link', check PATH
Error: '\dmd\bin\dmd' not found

Simple compile attempts does not generate the '\dmd\bin\dmd' not
found error message. I'm also not aware of such a directory,
however, there is a '\dmd\src\dmd'. I've tried copying the dmd
directory from this location to the location specified by the
error. Still no dice.  Any suggestions?

Andrew
Jun 08 2002
next sibling parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:

"Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:aduggp$1ts6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm trying to compile and run a couple of the D samples provided
 with the compiler and keep getting a can't find 'link' error.
 Anyone know how to fix this problem?

 Here is the same error generated when I attempt run the example
 provide at www.digitalmars.com/d\alpha.html.

 E:\dmd\samples\d>\dmd\bin\shell all.sh
 shell 1.00
 \dmd\bin\dmd hello
 link hello,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
 Can't run 'link', check PATH
 Error: '\dmd\bin\dmd' not found

 Simple compile attempts does not generate the '\dmd\bin\dmd' not
 found error message. I'm also not aware of such a directory,
 however, there is a '\dmd\src\dmd'. I've tried copying the dmd
 directory from this location to the location specified by the
 error. Still no dice.  Any suggestions?

 Andrew
Jun 08 2002
parent reply "Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
Interesting there's no dm\bin directory either.  Thus: no linker.
It is not included in the dmdalpha.zip file I downloaded.

"Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:aduia7$1vg8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
path

| "Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribi$B!&(Ben el mensaje
| news:aduggp$1ts6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| > I'm trying to compile and run a couple of the D samples
provided
| > with the compiler and keep getting a can't find 'link' error.
| > Anyone know how to fix this problem?
| >
| > Here is the same error generated when I attempt run the
example
| > provide at www.digitalmars.com/d\alpha.html.
| >
| > E:\dmd\samples\d>\dmd\bin\shell all.sh
| > shell 1.00
| > \dmd\bin\dmd hello
| > link hello,,,user32+kernel32/noi;
| > Can't run 'link', check PATH
| > Error: '\dmd\bin\dmd' not found
| >
| > Simple compile attempts does not generate the '\dmd\bin\dmd'
not
| > found error message. I'm also not aware of such a directory,
| > however, there is a '\dmd\src\dmd'. I've tried copying the
dmd
| > directory from this location to the location specified by the
| > error. Still no dice.  Any suggestions?
| >
| > Andrew

Jun 08 2002
parent reply "Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
It's not part of D. It's the DM C++ compiler. In alpha.html it says that the
file is needed (dm.zip)

"Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:aduitc$202t$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Interesting there's no dm\bin directory either.  Thus: no linker.
 It is not included in the dmdalpha.zip file I downloaded.
Jun 08 2002
parent "Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> writes:
And I call myself "ejumakated"....Thanks Carlos.

"Carlos" <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:aduj1v$208f$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| It's not part of D. It's the DM C++ compiler. In alpha.html it
says that the
| file is needed (dm.zip)
|
| "Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> escribi$B!&(Ben el mensaje
| news:aduitc$202t$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| > Interesting there's no dm\bin directory either.  Thus: no
linker.
| > It is not included in the dmdalpha.zip file I downloaded.

There should be a file
    \dmd\bin\dmd.exe
on your machine, which is the D compiler. There should also be a file:
    \dm\bin\link.exe
which is the linker, and the linker should be on your PATH, as in:
    set PATH=\dm\bin; .. the rest of your PATH ..

"Andrew" <crxace13 comcast.net> wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Walter...
Carlos helped me to fined the errors to my ways...

Andrew

news:aduk1i$216b$1 digitaldaemon.com...