D - reserved words, false true ?

reply "Don Stewart" <donald.m.stewart btinternet.com> writes:
Are false & true reserved words ?

I was trying to set up an enum with false and true, but I keep getting 'enum
member expected'.

If I change it to False and True it works.

Don
May 21 2002
next sibling parent reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
They are keywords.  This is in the "Lexical Grammar" page:

http://digitalmars.com/d/lex.html

I hope that somebody makes the docs searchable; as it is, it's really hard to
find the "exact right answer" if you don't know where to look.

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
May 21 2002
Try:

    www.digitalmars.com/advancedsearch.html

 They are keywords.  This is in the "Lexical Grammar" page:

 http://digitalmars.com/d/lex.html

 I hope that somebody makes the docs searchable; as it is, it's really hard
 find the "exact right answer" if you don't know where to look.

 --
 The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

 .[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
 .[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
 ?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
May 21 2002
prev sibling parent reply "OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> writes:
"Don Stewart" <donald.m.stewart btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:acegn7$28i1$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Are false & true reserved words ?

 I was trying to set up an enum with false and true, but I keep getting
'enum
 member expected'.

 If I change it to False and True it works.

 Don
Aargh Walter, it is already happening! C's bad old days are creeping back at us. I already defined TRUE and FALSE... (actually joking, but I *might* have!) Could you bring us some clarity on the bool, bit, false, true issue? P.S. See also the thread To bool or not to bool, that's the question... -- Stijn OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com http://OddesE.cjb.net _________________________________________________ Remove _XYZ from my address when replying by mail
May 23 2002
"OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:acjlmp$12p9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Aargh Walter, it is already happening!
 C's bad old days are creeping back at us.
 I already defined TRUE and FALSE... (actually
 joking, but I *might* have!)

 Could you bring us some clarity on the bool, bit,
 false, true issue?

 P.S. See also the thread To bool or not to bool,
 that's the question...
true and false are defined and are keywords.
May 23 2002