D - D alpha crashes with Win 98 (again)

reply John Fletcher <J.P.Fletcher aston.ac.uk> writes:
Hi

I have just picked up on D again and, guess what, it again crashes with
a page fault on Win98, this time on start up.

I have had this on 0.25, 0.23 and 0.22 but not on 0.20.  Sorry, I
haven't been doing any testing lately.

I am using a version of DM C++ which reports as 8.25.1, in case that is
significant.

John
Apr 09 2002
next sibling parent reply John Fletcher <J.P.Fletcher aston.ac.uk> writes:
John Fletcher wrote:

 Hi

 I have just picked up on D again and, guess what, it again crashes with
 a page fault on Win98, this time on start up.

 I have had this on 0.25, 0.23 and 0.22 but not on 0.20.  Sorry, I
 haven't been doing any testing lately.

 I am using a version of DM C++ which reports as 8.25.1, in case that is
 significant.

 John
The problem is not the compiler, as the object code for a miminal program int main(char[][] args) { return 0; } is identical in 0.20 and 0.22 and the second one crashes. It must be somewhere in the library..... John
Apr 09 2002
parent John Fletcher <J.P.Fletcher aston.ac.uk> writes:
John Fletcher wrote:

 The problem is not the compiler, as the object code for a miminal program

 int main(char[][] args)
 {
   return 0;
 }

 is identical in 0.20 and 0.22 and the second one crashes.

 It must be somewhere in the library.....

 John
I have tried the following: compile with 0.22, use library from 0.20 RUNS minimal and hello compile with 0.25, use library from 0.20 PAGE FAULT ERROR with minimal. I hope this helps. John .
Thanks for discovering this. I have it fixed, and it'll go out in the next
patch. -Walter

news:3CB2EC1C.330564F2 aston.ac.uk...

Walter wrote:

 Thanks for discovering this. I have it fixed, and it'll go out in the next
 patch. -Walter
Not at all. It wasn't difficult to spot. 0.26 works O.K. for me. Thanks John
Apr 10 2002