D - Suggestion: way to get switch() value

reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
How about this code:
    switch(foo.bar().baz().fred().wilma().barney())
    {
    case 0..12:
        blah
        break;
    default:
        blah2
        break;
    }

It would be cool to have a keyword/automatic variable that contains the
value that was put into th switch() clause so that I don't have to call
the long string of functions again (or to have a temporary variable).

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
Mar 27 2002
next sibling parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
     switch(foo.bar().baz().fred().wilma().barney())
     {
     case 0..12:
         blah
         break;
     default:
         blah2
         break;
     }

 It would be cool to have a keyword/automatic variable that contains the
 value that was put into th switch() clause so that I don't have to call
 the long string of functions again (or to have a temporary variable).
Sorta BASIC? Well, since current object is "this", we could call it "it". =) It would also be nice to have the same feature in with(): with (foo.bar.baz) { if (!okay) kill(it); } // -- OR -- switch (foo.bar.baz.okay) { case 1: kill(it); } Something I wanted to see in some language for a long time already...
Mar 27 2002
next sibling parent "OddesE" <OddesE_XYZ hotmail.com> writes:
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:a7te3p$2og9$1 digitaldaemon.com...