D - chm file

reply Jon Allen <jallen minotstateu.edu> writes:
I've ripped of Walter's D web page and made a help file out of it.  I
did it mostly for the search tab since i'm still new to the language and
  an html help reference is much handier than a web page in my opinion.

Anyhow, i'm posting this message because i want to find out if anyone
else wants it (is it worth the time to post it on my web page).

Walter, since the file is made up almost entirely of content created by
you, if you don't want me spreading it around, just let me know and it
stays on my hard drive.
Feb 24 2002
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
I'd rather it stayed on the Digital Mars web site, simply because I keep
updating it.

BTW, do you know of a program to convert .hlp files to .html?

news:3C78C35B.8000108 minotstateu.edu...

parent Jon Allen <jallen minotstateu.edu> writes:
Walter wrote:

 BTW, do you know of a program to convert .hlp files to .html?

HTML Help Workshop will convert WinHelp projects to HTML Help projects. This also converts all the .rtf files to .html, .htm files, which might be what you are looking for. The HTML Help Workshop can also decompile .chm files into the original html files. Those are the only options I know of, but I've never tried to do either one, so I don't know how well they would work. If you only have the .hlp files I don't know of anything to convert them, but then again I avoid working with WinHelp files like I do deadly diseases so that doesn't mean a lot.
Feb 24 2002
prev sibling parent "DigitalMars" <gedumer bcpl.net> writes:
I'd love to have a copy... when will Walter put it on his web site?

Gary.