D - Dsc packages released

reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
<shameless-plug>

Thought I'd let everyone know Beta-4 of the Dsc packages has been released
over at dsource.org, and there's a download on the project page.

A couple of documents in the http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/dsc/
project directory are intended to give you an idea of what Dsc is about:
quickref.doc provides a general overview, whilst io_overview.doc briefly
discusses the IO package design. Please forgive the MS documents; I don't
have a PDF writer :-(

Dsc originally stood for "D Servlet Container", but since there's now 4
distinct packages in the family, the name has become an umbrella of sorts.
Current functionality includes:

- IO package
- HTTP server framework
- D Servlet Container
- Cache utilities

</shameless-plug>
Apr 23 2004
next sibling parent reply Cloud9 Virtual <cloud9virtual yahoo.com> writes:
Kris wrote:

 discusses the IO package design. Please forgive the MS documents; I don't
 have a PDF writer :-(

export to PDF from OpenOffice 1.1
Apr 23 2004
parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Thanks; I'll check that out.

"Cloud9 Virtual" <cloud9virtual yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c6bvjm$1ufq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Kris wrote:

 discusses the IO package design. Please forgive the MS documents; I
don't
 have a PDF writer :-(
export to PDF from OpenOffice 1.1
Apr 23 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Dsc.io now supports memory-mapped file IO (on Win32).
Apr 24 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
You do know that I developed one of these ages ago, and it's addition to Phobos
has just been on Walter's pile of things to do. Ironically, in the last day or
so
we've got the "licensing" issues sorted, and it'll be going in the next release?

And it works for Win32 and Linux ...

:-)

P.S. AFAIK, my dynamic library loader will also go in in the next release.

"Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> wrote in message
news:c6da4m$22lo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Dsc.io now supports memory-mapped file IO (on Win32).
Apr 24 2004
parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Did not know that Matthew, but I'm glad to hear it'll be in Phobos as MM IO
is one of the reasons Dsc.io adopted the fully-buffered approach.

- Kris

news:c6e13f$12q0$1 digitaldaemon.com...