D - target bytecode

reply J.V. <tragicomedy73 yahoo.com> writes:
While D was designed with a different purpose from that of Java, I'm wondering
if there has any thought to compiling D to Java bytecode.

J.V.
Apr 21 2004
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"J.V." <tragicomedy73 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c66ljp$26f7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 While D was designed with a different purpose from that of Java, I'm
wondering
 if there has any thought to compiling D to Java bytecode.
That would be tough, Java bytecode has insufficient power to implement D efficiently. MSIL is much more possible.
Apr 21 2004
prev sibling parent Stephan Wienczny <wienczny web.de> writes:
J.V. wrote:

 While D was designed with a different purpose from that of Java, I'm wondering
 if there has any thought to compiling D to Java bytecode.

 J.V.
I thought about that, too. Bytecode could be a first output language for a new compiler...
Apr 21 2004