D - Search in forum?

reply Frank Nole <Frank_member pathlink.com> writes:
This forum is a great place where much information is stored.

It would be great if one could search in the messages -- it shouldn't
be a big problem to write some D code generating some indices to improve
speed / cpu usage...

--
Frank Nole
Apr 21 2004
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Frank Nole wrote:

This forum is a great place where much information is stored.

It would be great if one could search in the messages.

That it would great. Parhaps we try to find a search engine that works. So far I've tried: google Yahoo Overture Teoma Ask Jeeves Partner Network Internet Finds About LookSmart altravista hotbot go (google) I used the meta search engines: search.com dogpile.com With this term: "I Still Exist" site:www.digitalmars.com Probably all of those don't like it in this form (but I'm not about to learn each search engine) Or parhaps we could ask another engine other then google to list D. At least then we'd be able to search. Some of the engines such as hotbot actually bring back results from the newsgroup, but these are the wrong pages (doh!). *some time later* Break through! You can click on cached in google. Ok everyone else probably already knew that :( Of course goggle only lists old pages (well popular ones are updated allot but I don't know if D is that popular). -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Apr 21 2004
parent "Unknown W. Brackets" <unknown simplemachines.org> writes:
"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:c66hi0$1umm$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Frank Nole wrote:

 Probably all of those don't like it in this form (but I'm not about to
 learn each search engine)
That is likely, generally speaking search engines try to avoid caching generated content - meaning that created by scripts such as the web interface here. Google, however, is much better with searching them - but the problem you have (that means you have to click cached..) is exactly why others avoid it. -[Unknown]
Apr 21 2004