D - What is missing for 1.0 (was: the root Object, and printf)

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
So what is missing so we can call it 1.0?
(excluding obvious bugs)

dmd:
- interfaces
- clean compiler messages
- compiler don't give up on first error
- array literal expressions
---------
phobos:
- at least the linux version has to catchup to windows!
- severe bugs (like std.zip and std.date)

obviously the OO guys can't live without
the full implementation of the interfaces
as Kris referred and Burton has noticed before.

for now I can't remember anything else but
my projects are filled with work arround solutions
for old problems.

Ant
Apr 07 2004
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c51n04$11q0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 So what is missing so we can call it 1.0?
 (excluding obvious bugs)

 dmd:
 - interfaces
 - clean compiler messages
 - compiler don't give up on first error
 - array literal expressions
 ---------
 phobos:
 - at least the linux version has to catchup to windows!
 - severe bugs (like std.zip and std.date)

 obviously the OO guys can't live without
 the full implementation of the interfaces
 as Kris referred and Burton has noticed before.

 for now I can't remember anything else but
 my projects are filled with work arround solutions
 for old problems.
If you've got workarounds for std.zip and std.date, can you take a look at the sources to them and suggest a fix?
Apr 07 2004
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 If you've got workarounds for std.zip and std.date, can you take a look at
 the sources to them and suggest a fix?
I don't. maybe I'll take a look at it anyway... I can't imagine the problem with std.date being complex... (but, I have many ideas and so little time...) Ant
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.04.08.02.05.54.917379 yahoo.ca...
 If you've got workarounds for std.zip and std.date, can you take a look
at
 the sources to them and suggest a fix?
I don't. maybe I'll take a look at it anyway... I can't imagine the problem with std.date being complex... (but, I have many ideas and so little time...)
I'd appreciate it!
Apr 07 2004