D - Licensing

reply Tony West <Tony_member pathlink.com> writes:
I know this has been raised before, but I'm still unsure of the type of license
that applies to both the compiler and libraries.

I was wondering if we could have an entry in the FAQ that goes beyond the "Will
D be open source".  An entry that explains exactly what the licence(s) are, and
what ramifications they will have on the commercial use of D?

Thanks,

Tony
Apr 05 2004
parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
C:\dmd\src\dmd\readme.txt

Phill.

"Tony West" <Tony_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c4rb50$cbf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I know this has been raised before, but I'm still unsure of the type of
license
 that applies to both the compiler and libraries.

 I was wondering if we could have an entry in the FAQ that goes beyond the
"Will
 D be open source".  An entry that explains exactly what the licence(s)
are, and
 what ramifications they will have on the commercial use of D?

 Thanks,

 Tony
--- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.648 / Virus Database: 415 - Release Date: 3/31/2004
Apr 05 2004
parent reply C <dont respond.com> writes:
All this licensing crap seems like silly PC BS to me.  I haven't been =

programming that long, has it always been like this ?  Or is this anothe=
r =

unfortunate side effect of the open source communist movement ?

=
)
 are, and
 what ramifications they will have on the commercial use of D?

 Thanks,

 Tony
--- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.648 / Virus Database: 415 - Release Date: 3/31/2004
-- = D Newsgroup.
Apr 05 2004
parent Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
www.sco.com