D - Unix D compiler...

reply Cory Spencer <cspencer okcomputer.antiflux.org> writes:
I don't suppose anybody has any links to work being done on a Unix D
compiler...
Not yet!

"Cory Spencer" <cspencer okcomputer.antiflux.org> wrote in message
news:a256ti$2buu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I don't suppose anybody has any links to work being done on a Unix D
 compiler...
Jan 16 2002
parent reply Tim Ottinger <tottinge home.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 Not yet!

 "Cory Spencer" <cspencer okcomputer.antiflux.org> wrote in message
 news:a256ti$2buu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I don't suppose anybody has any links to work being done on a Unix D
 compiler...
This is a shame. I am looking forward to D (Actually, would REALLY look forward of a port of Qt or WxWindows to D -- I'd almost be ready to spend time with that rather than Python) but I don't run Microsoft operating systems anymore. Not unless threatened or held at paycheck-point. Tim
Jan 17 2002
parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"Tim Ottinger" <tottinge home.com> wrote in message
news:a2858s$18aq$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 This is a shame. I am looking forward to D (Actually, would REALLY look
 forward of a port of Qt or WxWindows to D -- I'd almost be ready to spend
 time with that rather than Python) but I don't run Microsoft operating
 systems anymore. Not unless threatened or held at paycheck-point.
Well, while most people still do (I personally have WinXP, BeOS and QNX installed), I believe Walter's choice is the best in this situation.
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:a28v4i$1pjc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Tim Ottinger" <tottinge home.com> wrote in message
 news:a2858s$18aq$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 This is a shame. I am looking forward to D (Actually, would REALLY look
 forward of a port of Qt or WxWindows to D -- I'd almost be ready to
spend
 time with that rather than Python) but I don't run Microsoft operating
 systems anymore. Not unless threatened or held at paycheck-point.
Well, while most people still do (I personally have WinXP, BeOS and QNX installed), I believe Walter's choice is the best in this situation.
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that a "dfront" will be necessary to build. Dfront will translate D to C. That would make D available on any platform with a decent C compiler. Windows will sport a native compiler, but the existence of Dfront will mean users will not be risking their projects on a unique implementation.
Jan 18 2002
next sibling parent "Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza" <jcab roningames.com> writes:
news:a2a0nc$2q7e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that a "dfront" will be necessary to
 build. Dfront will translate D to C. That would make D available on any
 platform with a decent C compiler. Windows will sport a native compiler,
but
 the existence of Dfront will mean users will not be risking their projects
 on a unique implementation.
And new platforms could be very easily bootstrapped, too. That would be a very good idea indeed. Salutaciones, JCAB
Jan 18 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent Mark Meuleman <meuleman2 chello.nl> writes:
Walter wrote:

[...]

Seems very wise to me. Walter, don't hurry. -- Mark
Jan 18 2002
prev sibling parent "Patrick Down" <pdown austin.rr.com> writes:
news:a2a0nc$2q7e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that a "dfront" will be necessary to
 build. Dfront will translate D to C. That would make D available on any
 platform with a decent C compiler.
Yes, a dfront would be a great idea. It would at least make it easy to jump start D on other platforms.
Jan 18 2002