D - DMD 0.82 release

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Mar 30 2004
next sibling parent John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

Yay! It fixed some issues with forward references! Thanks a bunch!
Mar 30 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
Great!
But: can i ask you please to comment on the operator overloading subject
that was discussed some tiem ago:
With classes A and B

a*b
works if exists A.opMul(B) or B.opMul_r(A)
but doesn't work if B.opMul_r(A) exist and (for example) A.opMul(int)
exists.

Is this the bahaviour that we should expect to change or is this
intentional?

news:c4bddj$2pd3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
"Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> wrote in message
news:c4bhfq$2vdc$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Great!
 But: can i ask you please to comment on the operator overloading subject
 that was discussed some tiem ago:
 With classes A and B

 a*b
 works if exists A.opMul(B) or B.opMul_r(A)
 but doesn't work if B.opMul_r(A) exist and (for example) A.opMul(int)
 exists.

 Is this the bahaviour that we should expect to change or is this
 intentional?
It's on my list of things to look at. Is it an immediate problem?
Mar 30 2004
parent "Ivan Senji" <ivan.senji public.srce.hr> writes:
news:c4c6it$100e$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 It's on my list of things to look at. Is it an immediate problem?
Some people think it isn't, i think it is important.
Mar 30 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c4bddj$2pd3$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
why hasnt the changelog page hasnt been updated ?
Mar 30 2004
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
imr1984 wrote:

In article <c4bddj$2pd3$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

why hasnt the changelog page hasnt been updated ?
It has, just the D 0.82 link is missing. <#new082> -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 30 2004
parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c4bo5l$832$2 digitaldaemon.com>, J Anderson says...
imr1984 wrote:

In article <c4bddj$2pd3$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html

why hasnt the changelog page hasnt been updated ?
It has, just the D 0.82 link is missing. <#new082> -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
right so where is it? im confused :(
Mar 30 2004
parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
imr1984 wrote:

right so where is it? im confused :(

What's New for D 0.82 /Mar 28, 2004/ Bugs Fixed * Some cases of forward referenced classes are now handled. * Illegal recursive alias declarations now correctly diagnosed. * Erroneous anonymous struct member offsets within unions fixed. * Fixed problem with array initializers for consts. * Fixed bug with intrinsics. * Can now slice a void[]. * std.date: fixed dst calculation for zones with no dst. * Fixed bug with nested delegate literals. * Fixed overload inheritance bug with function aliases from base classes. * Added files gnuc.h, mem.h, mem.c, port.h, enum.h, and enum.c to the \dmd\src\dmd. * Fixed seg fault on forward reference to template. * Fixed std.date.getUTCtime() for linux. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 30 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
mmfile.d is missing in the source of phobos So long!
"Manfred Nowak" <svv1999 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c4c79a$110m$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:

 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
mmfile.d is missing in the source of phobos
I know, I need to talk about it with Matthew first and he's not been around lately.
Mar 30 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Been suffering the worst kidney-bashing flu of my life.

Am gradually coming round ... (whimper whimper)

btw, anyone got any idea why most of the new threads of the last several
days are missing posts? e.g. this thread does not have the first few posts
available to me. :(

news:c4ce8i$1d8g$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:

 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
mmfile.d is missing in the source of phobos
I know, I need to talk about it with Matthew first and he's not been
around
 lately.
Mar 31 2004
next sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Matthew wrote:

Been suffering the worst kidney-bashing flu of my life.

Am gradually coming round ... (whimper whimper)

btw, anyone got any idea why most of the new threads of the last several
days are missing posts? e.g. this thread does not have the first few posts
available to me. :(

Maybe your newsreader set to get the last 500 or something? -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 31 2004
prev sibling parent reply John Reimer <jjreimer telus.net> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 Been suffering the worst kidney-bashing flu of my life.

 Am gradually coming round ... (whimper whimper)

Kidney bashinging flu? That doesn't sound good!
Mar 31 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
"John Reimer" <jjreimer telus.net> wrote in message
news:c4evdr$2cjh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Matthew wrote:
 Been suffering the worst kidney-bashing flu of my life.

 Am gradually coming round ... (whimper whimper)
Kidney bashinging flu? That doesn't sound good!
Didn't feel too good: I hadn't felt that bad since 1999, when I spent 9 days with an undiagnosed abscessed appendix. My niece spent two nights in hospital with it.
Mar 31 2004
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:c4fhgu$7uk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Didn't feel too good: I hadn't felt that bad since 1999, when I spent 9
days
 with an undiagnosed abscessed appendix.
The worst I ever felt was a bout of food poisoning. My father had it once when he was a teen, and went to the doctor, who said there was good news and bad news: the good news is, you are not going to die from it. The bad news is, you'll wish you were <g>. Anyhow, the only good thing about food poisoning is it doesn't last more than a day or two.
 My niece spent two nights in hospital with it.
Ouch!
Mar 31 2004
prev sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
And here, I thought you were "doing the ironing" :o))

Hope you get well !

Phill.

 Matthew wrote:
 Been suffering the worst kidney-bashing flu of my life.

 Am gradually coming round ... (whimper whimper)
Kidney bashinging flu? That doesn't sound good!
Didn't feel too good: I hadn't felt that bad since 1999, when I spent 9
days
 with an undiagnosed abscessed appendix.

 My niece spent two nights in hospital with it.
prev sibling next sibling parent "Kris" <someidiot earthlink.dot.dot.dot.net> writes:
Partial interface implementation is now supported. Woohoo!

(ahem ...)

news:c4bddj$2pd3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Mar 30 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp writes:
Hello,

 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
Is the binary for Linux updated? I downloaded it and run dmd/bin/dmd. But it said it is still version 0.81.
 dmd/bin/dmd
Digital Mars D Compiler v0.81 Copyright (c) 1999-2004 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright Documentation: www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html Usage: ... ------------------ shinichiro.h s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Apr 02 2004
parent reply Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
I'm getting this, too.  For the dmd bin in dmd-0.82.zip, the void[]
slicing is not fixed and the dmd binary is exactly the same size as
dmd-0.81.zip, as well, so I'm thinking it's not updated.

Walter, can you take a look and possibly post a dmd binary for Linux
that is 0.82 to your ftp server?

Thanks,
Brad

s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp wrote:
 Hello,

Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
Is the binary for Linux updated? I downloaded it and run dmd/bin/dmd. But it said it is still version 0.81.
dmd/bin/dmd
Digital Mars D Compiler v0.81 Copyright (c) 1999-2004 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright Documentation: www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html Usage: ... ------------------ shinichiro.h s31552 mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
"Brad Anderson" <brad dsource.dot.org> wrote in message
news:c5232b$1lg5$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm getting this, too.  For the dmd bin in dmd-0.82.zip, the void[]
 slicing is not fixed and the dmd binary is exactly the same size as
 dmd-0.81.zip, as well, so I'm thinking it's not updated.

 Walter, can you take a look and possibly post a dmd binary for Linux
 that is 0.82 to your ftp server?
Fixed. Sorry about that.
Apr 09 2004
parent Brad Anderson <brad dsource.dot.org> writes:
Thanks!  Works like a charm (so far).

BA

Walter wrote:
 "Brad Anderson" <brad dsource.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:c5232b$1lg5$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I'm getting this, too.  For the dmd bin in dmd-0.82.zip, the void[]
slicing is not fixed and the dmd binary is exactly the same size as
dmd-0.81.zip, as well, so I'm thinking it's not updated.

Walter, can you take a look and possibly post a dmd binary for Linux
that is 0.82 to your ftp server?
Fixed. Sorry about that.
Apr 10 2004
prev sibling parent reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.

 http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
"Erroneous anonymous struct member offsets within unions fixed." Could you please show an example of this working? My most trivial testcases still don't work. First line of output: 0 4 5 should be 0 0 1 Stewart. ---------- union Qwert { int yuiop; struct { char asdfg; char zxcvb; } } int main() { Qwert hjkl; printf("%d %d %d\n", Qwert.yuiop.offset, Qwert.asdfg.offset, Qwert.zxcvb.offset); printf("%d %c%c\n", hjkl.yuiop, hjkl.asdfg, hjkl.zxcvb); hjkl.asdfg = 'x'; printf("%d %c%c\n", hjkl.yuiop, hjkl.asdfg, hjkl.zxcvb); hjkl.zxcvb = 'q'; printf("%d %c%c\n", hjkl.yuiop, hjkl.asdfg, hjkl.zxcvb); hjkl.yuiop = 16725; printf("%d %c%c\n", hjkl.yuiop, hjkl.asdfg, hjkl.zxcvb); return 0; } -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Apr 07 2004
next sibling parent "Derek Parnell" <Derek.Parnell psyc.ward> writes:
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:49:00 +0100 (08/Apr/04 07:49:00 AM)
 Concentrating on fixing bugs and stabilizing things.
  http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
"Erroneous anonymous struct member offsets within unions fixed." Could you please show an example of this working? My most trivial testcases still don't work. First line of output: 0 4 5 should be 0 0 1
Hmmm... I get this ... Digital Mars D Compiler v0.82 0 0 1 0 120 x 29048 xq 16725 UA -- Derek
Apr 07 2004
prev sibling parent reply larry cowan <larry_member pathlink.com> writes:
My output using dmd 0.82 on Win/2000 is:

0 0 1
0
120 x
29048 xq
16725 UA

-larry

In article <c51sre$19t9$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Stewart Gordon says...
Walter wrote:
[...]

Apr 08 2004
parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
larry cowan wrote:
 My output using dmd 0.82 on Win/2000 is:

 0 0 1
 0
 120 x
 29048 xq
 16725 UA
<snip top of upside-down reply> You're right - I tried compiling it again and now it works. Don't know what went wrong last time.... Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please keep replies on on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Apr 14 2004