D - few questions

reply Stanislav <Stanislav_member pathlink.com> writes:
sorry for my bad english :)
Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
What level of optimization of D?
Mar 26 2004
next sibling parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
Can you say that again?

"Stanislav" <Stanislav_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c40ug7$1f6k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 sorry for my bad english :)
 Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
 What level of optimization of D?
Mar 26 2004
parent reply me_ <me__member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c40vis$1gtu$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Phill says...
Can you say that again?
 Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
Can I use OpenGL in programs written in D.
 What level of optimization of D?
Is the current D compiler good in optimizing?
Mar 26 2004
parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
Dont mind me, I was just being a smartarse :o))

Phill.

"me_" <me__member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c411n2$1k47$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <c40vis$1gtu$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Phill says...
Can you say that again?
 Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
Can I use OpenGL in programs written in D.
 What level of optimization of D?
Is the current D compiler good in optimizing?
Mar 26 2004
parent C <dont respond.com> writes:
lol, it was funny :)

 Dont mind me, I was just being a smartarse :o))

 Phill.

 "me_" <me__member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:c411n2$1k47$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <c40vis$1gtu$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Phill says...
Can you say that again?
 Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
Can I use OpenGL in programs written in D.
 What level of optimization of D?
Is the current D compiler good in optimizing?
-- D Newsgroup.
Mar 26 2004
prev sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Stanislav wrote:

sorry for my bad english :)
Can i do OpenGL programs in D?
What level of optimization of D?

You know your not going to get any more answers by posting more times but you may annoy a few readers (but not me). If your using "outlook express" or mozilla you can cancel your own messages. FW:
 How well does it integrate with OpenGL?
Very well, indeed. Performace wise (you'll need to judge for yourself) but it seems to be similar. glExcess was implemented in D with good results:
 It shows that even in its current alpha state the D compiler plays in
 the same league with production C/C++ compilers.
Sure. D compiler is pretty good.
 And the binary is smaller, 65% of the original.

since my 'glExcess into D' doesn't support sound and FPS(frames per second) display ,so it doesn't mean D compiler generate smaller binary than C/C++ compiler. by fairly judging , it is almost even. yaneurao.
And performace wise so many times better then java (currently). PS - See my page for D openGL related stuff. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 26 2004
parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
J Anderson schrieb:

 You know your not going to get any more answers by posting more times
 but you may annoy a few readers (but not me).  If your using "outlook
 express" or mozilla you can cancel your own messages.
It's not really his fault. He has posted it from the web interface, which does not update immediately, but with an interval of a few minutes. So he could not see his previous posts. And then probably saw each and every one of them at once. Nontheless, this annoys me and i'm not going to answer him. ;) -eye
Mar 26 2004
parent SL <shadowlord13 users.sourceforge.net> writes:
Ilya Minkov wrote:
 J Anderson schrieb:

 You know your not going to get any more answers by posting more times
 but you may annoy a few readers (but not me).  If your using "outlook
 express" or mozilla you can cancel your own messages.
It's not really his fault. He has posted it from the web interface, which does not update immediately, but with an interval of a few minutes. So he could not see his previous posts. And then probably saw each and every one of them at once. Nontheless, this annoys me and i'm not going to answer him. ;) -eye
I had the same problem the first time or two I posted (using the web-interface), though I only double-posted, instead of quintuple-posting (Wow)! I use Thunderbird now instead. It's sooo nice. -SL
Mar 26 2004