D - Delegate and function unification

reply C <dont respond.com> writes:
Is this planned for 1.0 ?  So we can intercahnge them etc ?

D Newsgroup.
"C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message news:opr5d05kxyehmtou localhost...
 Is this planned for 1.0 ?  So we can intercahnge them etc ?
No, it'll be a 2.0 feature. It's conceptually simple, but there are a lot of tricky details to get right.
Mar 24 2004

Did you ever look at my proposal (http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/24868)? I was curious what you thought of it. On the one hand, it's pretty ambitious...but it seems sort of D-ish to me. It is certainly an interesting blending of delegates with arrays...
Is this planned for 1.0 ?  So we can intercahnge them etc ?
No, it'll be a 2.0 feature. It's conceptually simple, but there are a
lot of
 tricky details to get right.
Did you ever look at my proposal (http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/24868)? I was curious what you thought of it. On the one hand, it's pretty ambitious...but it seems sort of D-ish to me. It is certainly an interesting blending of delegates with arrays...
It's a good idea, but there are several tricky implementation issues due to the vagaries of the various function calling conventions.
Mar 26 2004
prev sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message news:opr5d05kxyehmtou localhost...

Is this planned for 1.0 ?  So we can intercahnge them etc ?
No, it'll be a 2.0 feature. It's conceptually simple, but there are a lot of tricky details to get right.
Supporting null in place of the frame/object pointer of a delegate seems a straightforward solution to me.... And would we still have the basic function pointer, for situations where a delegate would be unnecessary, or perhaps be unusable by foreign code/APIs? Stewart. -- My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment. Please keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Mar 29 2004