D - windows MEM_WRITE_WATCH experiences?

reply Ben Hinkle <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
Has anyone had experience using the Windows MEM_WRITE_WATCH
flag to VirtualAlloc? It could be very useful for the
garbage collector since it keeps track of when a page
has been written to.
Also, is there an equivalent API on linux? I couldn't
find one.

ever watchful of my garbage,
-Ben
"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle4 juno.com> wrote in message
news:083q50tdqp41m8u97r52s46ivj0r0n4alu 4ax.com...
 Has anyone had experience using the Windows MEM_WRITE_WATCH
 flag to VirtualAlloc? It could be very useful for the
 garbage collector since it keeps track of when a page
 has been written to.
 Also, is there an equivalent API on linux? I couldn't
 find one.
That does sound like just the ticket. I don't remember seeing it before.
Mar 25 2004