D - [BUG:] Compiler crashes whenever a type is referenced that is not defined.

reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:

Mar 20 2004
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Can you provide an example?

Here's what I tried:

void main()
{
     sometype myvar; /* line3 */

     if(sometype) printf("doesn't compile, but compiler doesn't crash");
}

All I see is the expected error message:
crash2.d(3): identifier 'sometype' is not defined

--
Justin
http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Maybe it's only in templates. I guess I could do an example, but I'm lazy.
:( What a citizen!!

"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> wrote in message
news:c3kifs$230d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Can you provide an example?

 Here's what I tried:

 void main()
 {
      sometype myvar; /* line3 */

      if(sometype) printf("doesn't compile, but compiler doesn't crash");
 }

 All I see is the expected error message:
 crash2.d(3): identifier 'sometype' is not defined

 --
 Justin
 http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Mar 23 2004
parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Matthew wrote:
 Maybe it's only in templates. I guess I could do an example, but I'm lazy.
 :( What a citizen!!
With your initial post, I though either you forgot to include a message body or the problem was so widespread that no other information was needed. I'm sure Walter is more intuitive than me, but I've tried messing up several template examples and the compiler always tells me "identifier 'whatever' is not defined". I hope the bug gets fixed.