c++.announce - sdwest presentation

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
Mar 19 2004
next sibling parent "C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html

I just read through the thing... nice artwork. ;) And I agree, those "funky name lookup rules" had to go. Heh. -C. Sauls -Invironz
Mar 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Walter wrote:
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
Awesome. I especially like the judicious use of color. The title slide is the best. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Mar 19 2004
parent C <dont respond.com> writes:
 The title slide is the best.
Yea it is, would make for a good poster, or maybe shrink it down use it = as = logo :). C On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:22:16 -0600, J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> wrote:
 Walter wrote:
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
Awesome. I especially like the judicious use of color.
-- = D Newsgroup.
Mar 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
news:c3g2eo$oqh$1 digitaldaemon.com
| I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html

In http://www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/scan0013.jpg, in function parabola,
"function" should be "delegate".
Really nice work, btw!

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Mar 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply Raiko <phantom2023 hotmail.com> writes:
Are you going to add speaker notes to the pages? Maybe it's just my D
newbish brain, but to me it just looked like code on the screen with no
explaination :).

Or was this not meant to be used for explanation?

Walter wrote:
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html

Mar 19 2004
next sibling parent "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
Click the "paper" link.

Phill.

news:c3gjeo$1k8t$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Walter wrote:
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
"Raiko" <phantom2023 hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:c3gjeo$1k8t$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Are you going to add speaker notes to the pages? Maybe it's just my D
 newbish brain, but to me it just looked like code on the screen with no
 explaination :).

 Or was this not meant to be used for explanation?
The viewfoils were only a visual aid to go with my verbal explanations. I now regret not audio recording it, as there were also some great audience questions that added to it. The [paper] button is supposed to hold all the explanations, but it is incomplete since it was done a couple months prior.
Mar 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Walter wrote:

I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
This document would be perfect for newbies to D. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 19 2004
parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
I agree, there is a lot of examples for the
upcoming book they are going to write
(nudge nudge wink wink)

Phill.

"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:c3gog4$1tcq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:

I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
This document would be perfect for newbies to D. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 19 2004
parent "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Certainly suggestive of a plain, straightforward, structure.

nudged, nudged, winked, winked

news:c3gpb4$1uok$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Walter wrote:

I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
This document would be perfect for newbies to D. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Mar 19 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I'm just reading through the slides, and even though I've been using it for
nearly two years, it almost takes your breath away how good it is in almost
all aspects. Well done, Walter!

news:c3g2eo$oqh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I just posted it here: www.digitalmars.com/d/sdwest/index.html
"Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:c3gp9g$1umr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm just reading through the slides, and even though I've been using it
for
 nearly two years, it almost takes your breath away how good it is in
almost
 all aspects. Well done, Walter!
I really want to pull all this stuff together into a slim, seminal book.
Mar 19 2004
parent reply Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "Matthew" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
 news:c3gp9g$1umr$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I'm just reading through the slides, and even though I've been using it
for
nearly two years, it almost takes your breath away how good it is in
almost
all aspects. Well done, Walter!
I really want to pull all this stuff together into a slim, seminal book.
Well, if you have a PDF writer that would be easy and you could sell it on www.digitalmars.com -- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
"Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.us> wrote in message
news:c3huor$uka$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Well, if you have a PDF writer that would be easy and you could sell it
 on www.digitalmars.com
I like Bruce Eckel's method of having a free downloadable version, and then a physical book one can buy.
Mar 20 2004
next sibling parent Jan Knepper <jan smartsoft.us> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "Jan Knepper" <jan smartsoft.us> wrote in message
 news:c3huor$uka$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Well, if you have a PDF writer that would be easy and you could sell it
on www.digitalmars.com
I like Bruce Eckel's method of having a free downloadable version, and then a physical book one can buy.
Me too! That's what I tried to refer to... ;-) -- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Mar 20 2004
prev sibling parent reply "Phill" <phill pacific.net.au> writes:
If you make an E Book, it is going to be more or less free to a lot of
people anyway.
With these file swapping programs around now, it  would be make it hard to
make any money on
the net.

Phill.

news:c3i5q8$1a2g$1 digitaldaemon.com...