D - SDL translated

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
SDL (one that is Simple DirectMedia Layer, http://www.libsdl.org/)
headers are completely translated to D - which gives us access
to 2D fullscreen graphics, sound and direct control over keyboard &
mouse & joystick. As soon as I translate OpenGL, we'll get 3D as well.

I didn't yet release it because of the problem with atoll() which
stops programs that import string from compiling. Of course, one
can simply declare an empty function (I did =)), still...
As soon as we get the working version, I'll put the headers on my
site.

Oh yes. Let's port Doom to D now! =LOL=
Jan 04 2002
next sibling parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
Forgot to ask... what would you like to see translated to D
first? In my list now are:

    Windows API headers (of course!)
    OpenGL

Other ideas (but please... don't say DirectX! =))?
Jan 04 2002
parent reply "Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> writes:
Pavel Minayev wrote:

 Forgot to ask... what would you like to see translated to D
 first? In my list now are:

     Windows API headers (of course!)
     OpenGL

 Other ideas (but please... don't say DirectX! =))?
The Qt (and maybe GTK+) APIs. When D becomes available on multiple platforms, those are the GUI kits I'd like to use. -BobC
Jan 04 2002
parent reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3C365BB9.22BA6ABF yahoo.com...

 The Qt (and maybe GTK+) APIs.  When D becomes available on multiple
 platforms, those are the GUI kits I'd like to use.
For now, let's focus on Windows. I believe we won't see D on other platforms in near future...
Jan 05 2002
next sibling parent reply NancyEtRoland <nancyetroland free.fr> writes:
Pavel Minayev a écrit :

 "Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:3C365BB9.22BA6ABF yahoo.com...

 The Qt (and maybe GTK+) APIs.  When D becomes available on multiple
 platforms, those are the GUI kits I'd like to use.
For now, let's focus on Windows. I believe we won't see D on other platforms in near future...
DOSX ? Roland
Jan 05 2002
parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
"NancyEtRoland" <nancyetroland free.fr> wrote in message
news:3C3737EC.411FE5B6 free.fr...

 DOSX ?
Who knows?
Jan 05 2002
prev sibling parent "Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> writes:
Pavel Minayev wrote:

 "Robert W. Cunningham" <rwc_2001 yahoo.com> wrote in message
 news:3C365BB9.22BA6ABF yahoo.com...

 The Qt (and maybe GTK+) APIs.  When D becomes available on multiple
 platforms, those are the GUI kits I'd like to use.
For now, let's focus on Windows. I believe we won't see D on other platforms in near future...
Yes, but both those libraries are available on Windows! And they beat the Windows API hands down. Then when the magical day comes that D *is* available on other platforms, there will be a host of application ready and waiting to make the trip. -BobC
Jan 05 2002
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:a1581j$2eju$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 SDL (one that is Simple DirectMedia Layer, http://www.libsdl.org/)
 headers are completely translated to D - which gives us access
 to 2D fullscreen graphics, sound and direct control over keyboard &
 mouse & joystick. As soon as I translate OpenGL, we'll get 3D as well.

 I didn't yet release it because of the problem with atoll() which
 stops programs that import string from compiling. Of course, one
 can simply declare an empty function (I did =)), still...
 As soon as we get the working version, I'll put the headers on my
 site.

 Oh yes. Let's port Doom to D now! =LOL=
Jan says he's working on Quake2 to DMC. To D is a bit too much to ask! I've tried some conversions myself, and the main difficulty comes from redesigning the algorithms to not rely on 0 string termination but .length string termination.
Jan 04 2002
prev sibling parent "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
SDL and OpenGL headers translated to D - grab 'em here:

    http://d.batcave.net/

Note that URL was changed, due to the problems I had with Brinkster.

Oh yes... OpenGL really works! That colored rotating cube sample...
now we can move on to Quake2 =)
Jan 05 2002