D - DMD 0.80 release

reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
Didn't get all the bugs I wanted fixed done, but there's enough to justify a
bug fix update.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
Mar 05 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c2ap6r$2s75$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Didn't get all the bugs I wanted fixed done, but there's enough to justify a
bug fix update.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd is getting so usable that we (almost) don't think on the next version all the time. great job! but... seems something is wrong class AA { protected: this() { printf("class AA\n"); } } class B : AA { public this() { super(); printf("class B\n"); } } void main() { new B; } dmd A AB -I~/dmd/src/phobos AB.d(8): class AA member this is not accessible if classes AA and B and on the same module compiles and runs OK Ant
Mar 05 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
I should add that is the AA.this
is public compiles and runs ok.

Ant

 In article <c2ap6r$2s75$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Didn't get all the bugs I wanted fixed done, but there's enough to justify a
bug fix update.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd is getting so usable that we (almost) don't think on the next version all the time. great job! but... seems something is wrong class AA { protected: this() { printf("class AA\n"); } } class B : AA { public this() { super(); printf("class B\n"); } } void main() { new B; } dmd A AB -I~/dmd/src/phobos AB.d(8): class AA member this is not accessible if classes AA and B and on the same module compiles and runs OK Ant
Mar 05 2004
parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
I should add...

Walter, maybe you could keep a couple of
larger applications to test with each new
release.
I found this just trying to compile DUI.

Ant

 In article <c2ap6r$2s75$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Didn't get all the bugs I wanted fixed done, but there's enough to justify a
bug fix update.

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/changelog.html
dmd is getting so usable that we (almost) don't think on the next version all the time. great job! but... seems something is wrong class AA { protected: this() { printf("class AA\n"); } } class B : AA { public this() { super(); printf("class B\n"); } } void main() { new B; } dmd A AB -I~/dmd/src/phobos AB.d(8): class AA member this is not accessible if classes AA and B and on the same module compiles and runs OK Ant
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c2arn5$30k2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 dmd is getting so usable that we (almost) don't think
 on the next version all the time. great job!
Thanks! One huge advantage D has, for a new language, is it uses the existing debugged optimizer and code generator from DMC++.
 but...

 seems something is wrong

 class AA
 {
 protected:
 this()
 {
 printf("class AA\n");

 class B : AA
 {
 public
 this()
 {
 super();
 printf("class B\n");

 void main()
 {
 new B;
 }

 dmd A AB  -I~/dmd/src/phobos
 AB.d(8): class AA member this is not accessible

 if classes AA and B and on the same module compiles and runs OK

That looks like a bug :-(