D - Dernel the D Kernel

reply =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Robert_M._M=FCnch=22?= <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
Hi, while I made it to get the base setup to work, I have the feeling that
it's more luck than knowledge ;-). I have a question WRT deh2.d, which is
for exception handling.

What are the two symbols _deh_beg and _deh_end for? From the source it
seems to me the memory start/end address of some kind of table used for
exception handling. And is this special to Linux?

If I use a function with exception handling, does the compiler create a
table object and add entries to it? Is this table static? Or is there code
(startup code) generated that will initialize this table?

--
Robert M. Münch
Management & IT Freelancer
"Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> wrote in message
news:opr3lzkgmaum5vd8 news.digitalmars.com...
 Hi, while I made it to get the base setup to work, I have the feeling that
 it's more luck than knowledge ;-). I have a question WRT deh2.d, which is
 for exception handling.

 What are the two symbols _deh_beg and _deh_end for? From the source it
 seems to me the memory start/end address of some kind of table used for
 exception handling.
That's correct.
 And is this special to Linux?
Yes.
 If I use a function with exception handling, does the compiler create a
 table object and add entries to it? Is this table static?
Yes.
 Or is there code
 (startup code) generated that will initialize this table?
No. You can find out more by using OBJ2ASM on .obj files containing eh info. OBJ2ASM works on linux .o files, too.
 --
 Robert M. Münch
 Management & IT Freelancer