D - std.zlib: retaining file attributes upon extraction

reply Andrew Edwards <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> writes:
With the std.zlib I'm able to extract an SFX archive with one minor
problem. The program will execute but because some functionalities of
the program are closely tied to the attributes of the original files, it
hiccups various stages through execution.

Why do I even bother to extract files from an SFX archive? Because of a
30MB extraction, only 1.5MB is required to run the program. The rest is
garbage that takes up space and has never been used (nor will it ever be
used). With a 6GB hard drive to feed today's space hungry programs, I
need every byte I can spare.

I would like to know how to obtain file attributes from the original
files in the archive and apply them to the newly decompressed copies
stored locally.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

TIA,
Andrew
I believe the DOS file attributes are in the
std.zip.ArchiveMember.internalAttributes or externalAttributes property.

"Andrew Edwards" <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c11cp4$1d9d$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 With the std.zlib I'm able to extract an SFX archive with one minor
 problem. The program will execute but because some functionalities of
 the program are closely tied to the attributes of the original files, it
 hiccups various stages through execution.

 Why do I even bother to extract files from an SFX archive? Because of a
 30MB extraction, only 1.5MB is required to run the program. The rest is
 garbage that takes up space and has never been used (nor will it ever be
 used). With a 6GB hard drive to feed today's space hungry programs, I
 need every byte I can spare.

 I would like to know how to obtain file attributes from the original
 files in the archive and apply them to the newly decompressed copies
 stored locally.

 Any assistance would be appreciated.

 TIA,
 Andrew