D - D syntax highlighting

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
is there any way to get Visual Studio to syntax highlight D code? ive seen it
done with OpenGL shader files, so it must be possible for D.
Feb 06 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Yup. I use VS 98, and all you need is to add "d" to the FileExtensions value
in the

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\TextEditor\Tabs/Language
Settings\C/C++

key. Don't forget to separate with a semicolon.

"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:c005lu$o8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 is there any way to get Visual Studio to syntax highlight D code? ive seen
it
 done with OpenGL shader files, so it must be possible for D.
Feb 06 2004
next sibling parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
You dont use VC.net ?  Just curious why , im thinking about upgrading but,
im afraid everything written will break.

news:c0117m$27pq$3 digitaldaemon.com...

next sibling parent Sean Kelly <sean ffwd.cx> writes:
C wrote:

 You dont use VC.net ?  Just curious why , im thinking about upgrading but,
 im afraid everything written will break.
If you have a lot of old nonstandard code then I'd worry, otherwise upgrade away. Aside from for loop conformance issues (which can be turned off) I haven't seen much legacy code that VC .NET freaks out on. Sean
Feb 06 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I'm super efficient in VS98, and virtually never need to use the evil slow
mouse. I've also got a slew of wizards, macros and plug-ins that make it
even quicker.

VC.NET is enormous, and incredibly slow, even on my 2GHz 512MB machine. Plus
it seems that there are myriad things that mandate use of the mouse, so I

makefiles, HTML, D, Java, Perl, Python, etc. Maybe if I got into the macros,
and wrote some wizards it'd be easier?

news:c013e8$2blf$1 digitaldaemon.com...

parent reply Sean Kelly <sean ffwd.cx> writes:
Matthew wrote:

 VC.NET is enormous, and incredibly slow, even on my 2GHz 512MB machine. Plus
 it seems that there are myriad things that mandate use of the mouse, so I

 makefiles, HTML, D, Java, Perl, Python, etc. Maybe if I got into the macros,
 and wrote some wizards it'd be easier?
VC .NET just takes some configuration. All that nice lookup stuff can be disabled, and there are still keystrokes for everything, they just changed a lot of them for some reason. Though one feature I thought I'd like (being able to collapse functions and other regions in a sort of tree format) I don't really like much in practice. It's still slower than the VC6 editor, but it's also more feature-rich. They finally added a "replace in files" option, among other things. Sean
"Sean Kelly" <sean ffwd.cx> wrote in message
news:c01lnp$bqd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 VC .NET just takes some configuration.  All that nice lookup stuff can
 be disabled, and there are still keystrokes for everything, they just
 changed a lot of them for some reason.  Though one feature I thought I'd
 like (being able to collapse functions and other regions in a sort of
 tree format) I don't really like much in practice.  It's still slower
 than the VC6 editor, but it's also more feature-rich.  They finally
 added a "replace in files" option, among other things.
I just stumble along using wretched old microemacs <g>.
Feb 12 2004
Walter wrote:

 I just stumble along using wretched old microemacs <g>.
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've got the official Gnu Emacs book sitting on my bookshelf ;) I don't suppose anyone has written a D syntax highlighter for emacs yet?
Feb 12 2004
parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Yep!  Im a big emacs fiend myself :
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport#Emacs.

"Sean Kelly" <sean ffwd.cx> wrote in message
news:c0gvn8$2bbl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 I just stumble along using wretched old microemacs <g>.
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've got the official Gnu Emacs book sitting on my bookshelf ;) I don't suppose anyone has written a D syntax highlighter for emacs yet?
Feb 12 2004
next sibling parent "Clint Olson" <noone nowhere.com> writes:
For anyone that is coming to D from Java and uses jEdit (www.jedit.org) I
can provide:

  A file for D syntax highlighting

  Help getting jEdit to show compiler errors in the ErrorList plugin

news:c0h2lc$2fvh$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Walter wrote:
 I just stumble along using wretched old microemacs <g>.
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've got the official Gnu Emacs book sitting on my bookshelf ;) I don't suppose anyone has written a D syntax highlighter for emacs yet?
Feb 12 2004
prev sibling parent "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
d-mode is care of Ben Hinkle who is writing the GCC port.  If anyone doesn't
follow the D.GNU's group hes made some good progress, builds on mac now!

prev sibling parent J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
C wrote:

You dont use VC.net ?  Just curious why , im thinking about upgrading but,
im afraid everything written will break.

There are a few small issues with VS6 C++ -> VC.net C++ that cause problems, but most are easily solvable. I did however have a few problems with the net "internal compilation errors", but I think most of them are fixed by now. -- -Anderson: http://badmama.com.au/~anderson/
Feb 06 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent "dickl" <dick221z yahoo.com> writes:
For VS C/C++ 7:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.0\Languages\File Extensions
Create a new key called ".d"
set the (Default) REG_SZ to {B2F072B0-ABC1-11D0-9D62-00C04FD9DFD9}
This should be the same value as for .c or .cpp

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:c0117m$27pq$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 Yup. I use VS 98, and all you need is to add "d" to the FileExtensions
value
 in the

     HKCU\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\TextEditor\Tabs/Language
 Settings\C/C++

 key. Don't forget to separate with a semicolon.

 "imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:c005lu$o8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 is there any way to get Visual Studio to syntax highlight D code? ive
seen
 it
 done with OpenGL shader files, so it must be possible for D.
Feb 06 2004
prev sibling parent "dickl" <dick221z yahoo.com> writes:
Also for VS  7.0 to add D specific keywords, put the attached file in
\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\IDE.
the file must be named usertype.dat

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:c0117m$27pq$3 digitaldaemon.com...
 Yup. I use VS 98, and all you need is to add "d" to the FileExtensions
value
 in the

     HKCU\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\TextEditor\Tabs/Language
 Settings\C/C++

 key. Don't forget to separate with a semicolon.

 "imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:c005lu$o8s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 is there any way to get Visual Studio to syntax highlight D code? ive
seen
 it
 done with OpenGL shader files, so it must be possible for D.
begin 666 usertype.dat ` end
Feb 06 2004