D - SD West 2004

reply Andrew Edwards <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> writes:
Walter,

Just curious as to when you will be making your presentation.

Thanks,
Andrew
Feb 04 2004
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Andrew Edwards" <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bvs2q0$4ab$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter,

 Just curious as to when you will be making your presentation.
Class--All--The D Programming Language Wednesday, March 17--10:30 AM-12:00 PM See you there!
Feb 04 2004
prev sibling parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
This months DDJ has Walter and Matthew on enumeration , showcasing D's
foreach!

I like the gradual exposure D is getting , if it happened all at once it
might appear as showy , or marketing , but a few well placed articles can
stir up alot of interest and not appear too pushy.  Coincidence ?

"Andrew Edwards" <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bvs2q0$4ab$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter,

 Just curious as to when you will be making your presentation.

 Thanks,
 Andrew
"C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message
news:c01ccp$2r9i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 This months DDJ has Walter and Matthew on enumeration , showcasing D's
 foreach!

 I like the gradual exposure D is getting , if it happened all at once it
 might appear as showy , or marketing , but a few well placed articles can
 stir up alot of interest and not appear too pushy.  Coincidence ?
Not really, we wrote the article a long time ago. When it gets printed is up to the DDJ staff. But also, writing articles is a well recognized and traditional way of introducing new languages and what can be done with them. The reason there are only a small number of articles is because writing papers for me is like doing my taxes <g>.
Feb 06 2004
next sibling parent reply Andrew Edwards <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
 "C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message
 news:c01ccp$2r9i$1 digitaldaemon.com...

This months DDJ has Walter and Matthew on enumeration , showcasing D's
foreach!

I like the gradual exposure D is getting , if it happened all at once it
might appear as showy , or marketing , but a few well placed articles can
stir up alot of interest and not appear too pushy.  Coincidence ?
Not really, we wrote the article a long time ago. When it gets printed is up to the DDJ staff. But also, writing articles is a well recognized and traditional way of introducing new languages and what can be done with them. The reason there are only a small number of articles is because writing papers for me is like doing my taxes <g>.
You can say that again. I do very little contributing to the D project except to help spread the word (due to lack of knowledge, expreience, and time), however when I have to write down my thoughts and submit for publishing, it is excruciatingly painful (especially when it's ignored).
"Andrew Edwards" <remove_ridimz remove_yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c01tmt$rgq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 You can say that again. I do very little contributing to the D project
 except to help spread the word (due to lack of knowledge, expreience,
 and time), however when I have to write down my thoughts and submit for
 publishing, it is excruciatingly painful (especially when it's ignored).
There's a ready forum here for your thoughts on D, as well as the D wiki!
Feb 06 2004
prev sibling parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
news:c01sfp$onu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message
 news:c01ccp$2r9i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 This months DDJ has Walter and Matthew on enumeration , showcasing D's
 foreach!

 I like the gradual exposure D is getting , if it happened all at once it
 might appear as showy , or marketing , but a few well placed articles
can
 stir up alot of interest and not appear too pushy.  Coincidence ?
Not really, we wrote the article a long time ago. When it gets printed is
up
 to the DDJ staff. But also, writing articles is a well recognized and
 traditional way of introducing new languages and what can be done with
them.
 The reason there are only a small number of articles is because writing
 papers for me is like doing my taxes <g>.
Hmmm, that explains one or two things ... ;)
Feb 06 2004