D - Errors on website

reply Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
1. Various spelling mistakes.  Multiple instances of "arbitrarilly",
"heirarchy" and others that a spellchecker'll easily pick up.

2. ctod.html
An all-too-common word confusion.  "Taking the modulus of a floating
point number" - this is done using fabs or fabsf in C.  What the page
describes is not taking the modulus of anything, let alone the modulus
of _a_ floating point number.

x % y is correctly called "the remainder after dividing x by y" or "the
residue modulo y of x".  Maybe "the remainder after division of floating
point numbers" would be the best wording.

3. dcompiler.html#general
Bug list is a bit out of date.  Getter/setter functions work for me, not
sure about the other bugs mentioned here at the mo.

4. float.html
Stub text has been left in, like "[blah, blah, blah]" and "[insert table
here]", instead of whatever was meant to be there.

5. phobos.html
"char* toCharz(char[] string)"

Last time I looked, toCharz was deprecated.  I had to look at the
std.string source to find the real function to use, toStringz.

I'm sure I found others, but unless they've been fixed already I can't
seem to find them at the moment.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep
next sibling parent Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 yahoo.com> writes:
Oh yes, I've just found another one, on class.html:

"A static constructor gets called on program termination"

Stewart.

--
My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox, aside from its being the
unfortunate victim of intensive mail-bombing at the moment.  Please keep
replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.
Feb 04 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
Oh come on give Walter some slack, as if he hasnt already got enough to do :)

In article <bvr8be$1pik$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Stewart Gordon says...
[...]

"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bvraqk$1tnv$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Oh come on give Walter some slack, as if he hasnt already got enough to do
:) I don't mind. The more eyes proofing for errors, the better it will get. I hated it back in neanderthal times when I couldn't go back and fix the printed manual <g>.
Feb 05 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Stewart Gordon wrote:
 1. Various spelling mistakes.  Multiple instances of "arbitrarilly",
 "heirarchy" and others that a spellchecker'll easily pick up.
Walter edits the html directly, so I don't know if he has a spell check button, so he might make these corrections more quickly if he knows where to look. I'm not a strong speller, so I didn't notice any of these until you mentioned this. A made a list of some that I found by converting the latest PDF into text and openning it in OpenOffice (I had to wade through a lot of false-positives to get this list). I checked them against my favorite dictionary: Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (Tenth Edition). arbitrarilly => arbitrarily dstyle.html, errors.html, garbage.html, lex.html, portability.html, pretod.html heirarchy => hierarchy: class.html, cppdbc.html, function.html, overview.html, phobos.html easilly => easily: changelog.html, ctod.html, htomodule.html, lex.html, model.html, overview.html compatiblity => compatibility: attribute.html, overview.html Similary => Similarly: overview.html inadvertantly => inadvertently: overview.html, statement.html evaluationg => ?: statement.html pointerss => pointers: function.html readilly => readily: lex.html absense => absence: property.html, struct.html concatenting => concatenating: arrays.html transfering => transferring: arrays.html approprate => appropriate: arrays.html necessarilly => necessarily: arrays.html, memory.html unnecessarilly => unnecessarily: memory.html interchangable => interchangeable: function.html, version.html identifer => identifier: lex.html, template.html, version.html collecters => collectors: garbage.html environemnt => environment: dcompiler.html analyser (is the British variant intended, or did you want analyzer?) lex.html Hmmm. I'll bet a missed one or two. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Thanks for the fixes. -Walter
Feb 05 2004