D - Can we make a game in D within 4 hours?

reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
I tryed to make a game programming in D within 4 hours.

my result is this game:
http://yaneurao.zive.net/yaneSDK4D/sample7.zip
(move the heart by cursor key,and elude from musical notes)

my game replay data is here:
http://yaneurao.zive.net/yaneSDK4D/sample7b.zip
(extract and overwrite to sample7 extracting folder , and run replay4.bat)

can somebody overcome the high score?
or
will somebody challenge to make a game programming in D within 4 hours?

it's very thrilling experience.

yaneurao.
Jan 31 2004
next sibling parent reply Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
yaneurao wrote:

[...]
 it's very thrilling experience.
Seems to have an error, WIN98SE error message (german): | SAMPLE7 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite in | Modul SAMPLE7.EXE bei 0167:00425218. I.e. invalid page. So long.
Feb 01 2004
next sibling parent reply "davepermen" <davepermen hotmail.com> writes:
if there is one depressing thing that D showed up, then it's how much
outdated software is still in use..

why the **** do people still have to use win98..

not to say i'm not affected myself. we run win98 at a lot of pc's at work,
myself, too..

it's just so depressing.

"Manfred Nowak" <svv1999 hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bvk27m$1di9$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 [...]
parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
davepermen wrote:
 if there is one depressing thing that D showed up, then it's how much
 outdated software is still in use..

 why the **** do people still have to use win98..
I'm sure different people have different reasons. I put off buying the WinXP upgrade for a long time in an effort to avoid giving Microsoft money. They are not afraid to release buggy or limited software because they know they can cash in by selling the next big thing. I don't have any plans on upgrading Windows again. When WinXP is completely obsolete, I plan to go 100% Linux.

 not to say i'm not affected myself. we run win98 at a lot of pc's at work,
 myself, too..

 it's just so depressing.
I find it depressing that it takes so much effort to get software to run on the various version of 32-bit Windows. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Feb 01 2004
parent "davepermen" <davepermen hotmail.com> writes:
any non-NT based technology is known to not be really compatible to NT based
one. winNT,2000,XP are known to be rather.. logical designed. en contraire
win98 and previous ones, wich simply suck.

but i know there are reasons to stay. as i said, we use win98 at work
ourselfes.. but the reasons are often depressing. if you use microsoft
products, use win2000/XP/2003. nothing else. if you don't, well, you will
not use win98 anyways:D

tons of issues here are sort of problems based on the wrong os. i call win98
a wrong os, because it's just plain stupid. it's a legacy app. i don't see
any need why new stuff has to be that far backward compatible. it would be
nice, yes. but microsoft wants it's own biggest fault finally to die out.
one step is, to simply not work for it anymore..

"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:bvkm2u$2cs8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 davepermen wrote:
[...]

prev sibling parent reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bvk27m$1di9$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...
| SAMPLE7 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite in
| Modul SAMPLE7.EXE bei 0167:00425218.
I.e. invalid page.
the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again. cf. http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/22430 yaneurao.
Feb 01 2004
yaneurao wrote:

 the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again.
[...] So? Why don't you have your phobos rebuilt? Mine is. So long.
Feb 02 2004
parent reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bvldjp$isr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...
 the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again.
[...] So? Why don't you have your phobos rebuilt? Mine is.
I know phobos has many bugs. so I don't want to fix phobos every time DMD version up. yaneurao.
Feb 02 2004
parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Agreed.

Walter , if we setup a phobos group , can you approve it.  We could keep a
list of changes made and you can accept / reject the changes as you see fit.

We really need this , D is getting pretty popular, and the phobos library is
showing its age.

"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bvlffi$mnn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bvldjp$isr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...
 the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again.
[...] So? Why don't you have your phobos rebuilt? Mine is.
I know phobos has many bugs. so I don't want to fix phobos every time DMD version up. yaneurao.
Feb 02 2004
next sibling parent imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
so true

In article <bvm5g3$1rm0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, C says...
Agreed.

Walter , if we setup a phobos group , can you approve it.  We could keep a
list of changes made and you can accept / reject the changes as you see fit.

We really need this , D is getting pretty popular, and the phobos library is
showing its age.

"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bvlffi$mnn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bvldjp$isr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...
 the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again.
[...] So? Why don't you have your phobos rebuilt? Mine is.
I know phobos has many bugs. so I don't want to fix phobos every time DMD version up. yaneurao.
Feb 02 2004
prev sibling next sibling parent Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar igesund.net> writes:
I agree that a D standard library group should be setup really soon.
I'm planning a proposal for how this could be done and hope to
present this in a couple of days. I actually believe that it should
function in a much more radical way than what you suggest (such that
Walter might oppose), but in the long run, I think that it is
necessary.

Lars Ivar Igesund

C wrote:
 Agreed.

 Walter , if we setup a phobos group , can you approve it.  We could keep a
 list of changes made and you can accept / reject the changes as you see fit.

 We really need this , D is getting pretty popular, and the phobos library is
 showing its age.

 "yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:bvlffi$mnn$1 digitaldaemon.com...

In article <bvldjp$isr$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...

the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again.
[...] So? Why don't you have your phobos rebuilt? Mine is.
I know phobos has many bugs. so I don't want to fix phobos every time DMD version up. yaneurao.
"C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message
news:bvm5g3$1rm0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Agreed.

 Walter , if we setup a phobos group , can you approve it.  We could keep a
 list of changes made and you can accept / reject the changes as you see
fit.
 We really need this , D is getting pretty popular, and the phobos library
is
 showing its age.
If anyone wants to write phobos modules, if they're good and if they're a logical fit with the rest of Phobos, we'll put it in. There's no need to wait for a group!
Feb 06 2004
parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c01c3q$2qq3$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
If anyone wants to write phobos modules, if they're good and if they're a
logical fit with the rest of Phobos, we'll put it in. There's no need to
wait for a group!
I made a linux routine that was a copy of the existing windows routine that never made it. so there are other factors there, be awere. :) I'm not even sure what it was anymore. as phobos is very heterogenous nothing and every thing is a good fit. Ant
The fix is already in, it'll go out in the next update. Thanks, -Walter

"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bvkhf8$25ar$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bvk27m$1di9$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Manfred Nowak says...
| SAMPLE7 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite in
| Modul SAMPLE7.EXE bei 0167:00425218.
I.e. invalid page.
the cause is the DMD compiler's bug I've reported again and again. cf. http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/22430 yaneurao.
Feb 06 2004
prev sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bvhca7$30af$1 digitaldaemon.com>, yaneurao says...
I tryed to make a game programming in D within 4 hours.

my result is this game:
http://yaneurao.zive.net/yaneSDK4D/sample7.zip
(move the heart by cursor key,and elude from musical notes)

my game replay data is here:
http://yaneurao.zive.net/yaneSDK4D/sample7b.zip
(extract and overwrite to sample7 extracting folder , and run replay4.bat)

can somebody overcome the high score?
or
will somebody challenge to make a game programming in D within 4 hours?

it's very thrilling experience.
I tried making a mines game in D (and DUI) within 4 hours. At 3 hours seemed I could do it. at 3:15 I knew it was impossible - slow down 'typing' speed... at 4:30 "just" missing the high scores. at 5:30 "just" debuging the end of game conditions. took me about 6:30 hours to do it :( I'll bundle it with the next release of DUI. next: tetris under 4 hours; or a blocks/breakthrough like game! nahhh... pong! black background, white controls and ball! fullscreen. Ant
Feb 09 2004
next sibling parent reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c08atp$2lue$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
I tried making a mines game in D (and DUI) within 4 hours.
next: tetris under 4 hours;
or a blocks/breakthrough like game!
nahhh... pong! black background, white controls and ball! fullscreen.
I'm looking forward to see it. I played pong in my childhood. how do you like this? http://www.pencilrocket.com/matahati/img/joke/humor_pong.swf yaneurao.
Feb 09 2004
parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <c08rin$12d3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, yaneurao says...
In article <c08atp$2lue$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ant says...
I tried making a mines game in D (and DUI) within 4 hours.
next: tetris under 4 hours;
or a blocks/breakthrough like game!
nahhh... pong! black background, white controls and ball! fullscreen.
I'm looking forward to see it. I played pong in my childhood. how do you like this? http://www.pencilrocket.com/matahati/img/joke/humor_pong.swf yaneurao.
:) Ant
Feb 09 2004
prev sibling parent "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
next: tetris under 4 hours;