D - how finalised is the D syntax?

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
I was just wondering, is Walter still taking suggestions for changes to the D
language? I see loads of suggestion posts, and they get kinda irritating after a
while.

How finalised is the spec for D?
"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bvbs7f$3197$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I was just wondering, is Walter still taking suggestions for changes to
the D
 language? I see loads of suggestion posts, and they get kinda irritating
after a
 while.

 How finalised is the spec for D?
It's pretty finalized for 1.0, barring corrections, amplifications, clarifications, etc. However, any language being used undergoes constant evolution, and good ideas will get into 2.0. It's just that it's time to do 1.0, despite the warts. As is oft the case, sometimes you have to shoot the engineers and ship it <g>.
Jan 29 2004