D - samples bug: recls

reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
The recls samples (both recls_test_1.d and recls_test_2.d) compile but don't
link, neither in Windows nor Linux (with dmd 0.79, win xp, mandrake 9).

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 27 2004
next sibling parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I've not tested them since 0.78.

Can you give more information

news:bv768a$17n3$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Carlos Santander B. wrote:
 The recls samples (both recls_test_1.d and recls_test_2.d) compile but don't
 link, neither in Windows nor Linux (with dmd 0.79, win xp, mandrake 9).
That sounds like a problem I had.

 -----------------------
 Carlos Santander Bernal
I haven't looked at recls_test_1 and _2, but I suspect you need to create recls.lib using a command line like this (Windows version)... cd \DMD\SRC\PHOBOS\ETC\C\RECLS make -fwin32.mak Then put recls.lib in the a lib path (probably either \dm\lib or \dmd\lib) and include it when you compile your file. I've attached a sample file I've used to test recls. (By the way, it seems to me like this should be documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it at the recls website: http://recls.org/.) Good luck. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Jan 27 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
I think you're right.

But the contents of recls.lib should be in phobos.lib. I'm confused

Walter, did something happen to remove them in the latest build?

In the meantime, chaps (and chappettes), we'll have to figure out a way to
workaround it.

Give me a few mins to check it out.

Matthew

"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> wrote in message
news:bv77c1$19gn$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Carlos Santander B. wrote:
 The recls samples (both recls_test_1.d and recls_test_2.d) compile but
don't
 link, neither in Windows nor Linux (with dmd 0.79, win xp, mandrake 9).
That sounds like a problem I had.
 -----------------------
 Carlos Santander Bernal
I haven't looked at recls_test_1 and _2, but I suspect you need to create recls.lib using a command line like this (Windows version)... cd \DMD\SRC\PHOBOS\ETC\C\RECLS make -fwin32.mak Then put recls.lib in the a lib path (probably either \dm\lib or \dmd\lib) and include it when you compile your file. I've attached a sample file I've used to test recls. (By the way, it seems to me like this should be documented somewhere, but I couldn't find it at the recls website: http://recls.org/.) Good luck. -- Justin http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
  echo off
 dmd recls.d recls.lib
 pause
 cd \