D - DIDE

reply imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
DIDE needs an integrated debugger. If you want to find out how to make this then
maybe have a look at how Dev-C++ does it. Its open source.
Jan 15 2004
next sibling parent reply Ilya Minkov <minkov cs.tum.edu> writes:
imr1984 wrote:
 DIDE needs an integrated debugger. If you want to find out how to make this
then
 maybe have a look at how Dev-C++ does it. Its open source.
Dev-C++ simply runs the GNU command-line debugger (GDB) over an application, and parses its output, as well as converts user input into GDB commands, by intersepting a console interface. The problem is, it is not possible to use GDB on DigitalMars generated executables. Nor do i know any other command-line debugger which can deal with DigitalMars executables. Something like OpenWatcom visual debugger (BTW, excellent debugger!) might work, but it need not be integrated into IDE. -eye
"Ilya Minkov" <minkov cs.tum.edu> wrote in message
news:bu6s6l$9et$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The problem is, it is not possible to use GDB on DigitalMars generated
 executables. Nor do i know any other command-line debugger which can
 deal with DigitalMars executables.
That's what I get for generating standard windows PE executables!
Jan 15 2004
Walter wrote:
 That's what I get for generating standard windows PE executables!
Ur, what's wrong with those geneated by MinGW version of LD? Besides, GCC uses MS-compatible COFF for .obj files. I believe the problem that with all those debugging information formats, it doesn't support CodeView. I don't see how hard it would be to add such support. -eye
"Ilya Minkov" <minkov cs.tum.edu> wrote in message
news:buk6q6$ted$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter wrote:
 That's what I get for generating standard windows PE executables!
Ur, what's wrong with those geneated by MinGW version of LD?
I've never looked at them.
 Besides, GCC uses MS-compatible COFF for .obj files.
The debugger never sees .obj files <g>.
 I believe the problem that with all those debugging information formats,
 it doesn't support CodeView. I don't see how hard it would be to add
 such support.
DMD puts out codeview information. It works with Microsoft's codeview debugger (windbg.exe).
Jan 20 2004
prev sibling parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Yea , Ill add an option to run it through windbg , I couldnt 'integrate'
though , other than providing a shortcut to it.

"imr1984" <imr1984_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu64f0$22vh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 DIDE needs an integrated debugger. If you want to find out how to make
this then
 maybe have a look at how Dev-C++ does it. Its open source.
Jan 20 2004
parent imr1984 <imr1984_member pathlink.com> writes:
cool. Charles and Walter should be knighted.

In article <bukh4q$1e80$1 digitaldaemon.com>, C says...