D - known bug list I've reported

reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
I've reported some bugs.
Here is a bug list which is not fixed in DMD 0.78.
If you understand it, then neglect me , Mr.Walter.

1. std.file in Win9x is not fixed.

dmd\src\file.d(55):
    useWfuncs = (GetVersion() >= 0x80000000);
it is wrong. < useWfuncs = !(GetVersion() >= 0x80000000); is right. 2. GC can't allocate a large buffer in Win98 http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/21162 3.struct name crash compiler http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/21027 Sorry , my explanation was not enough. When I use the struct which name is module name and (at the same time) struct or class or interface name , compiler would crash : --- ver.d module ver; struct ver {} --- main.d private import ver; ver v; // compiler crash here! yaneurao.
Jan 14 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bu5fgh$11m4$1 digitaldaemon.com>, yaneurao says...
I've reported some bugs.
Here is a bug list which is not fixed in DMD 0.78.
If you understand it, then neglect me , Mr.Walter.
3.struct name crash compiler
http://www.digitalmars.com/drn-bin/wwwnews?D/21027

Sorry , my explanation was not enough.
When I use the struct which name is module name and (at the same time)
struct or class or interface name , compiler would crash :

--- ver.d
module ver;
struct ver {}

--- main.d
private import ver;
ver v; // compiler crash here!

yaneurao.
That's it! that what was making the compiler crash at some point on leds development! I had to abandone that version and revert to the previous one. Any time I make some non trivial change on my D projects I hold my breath during the compilation... Ant leds - light editor for D http://leds.sourceforge.net
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu661r$25f0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Any time I make some non trivial change on my
 D projects I hold my breath during the compilation...
Ouch!
"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu5fgh$11m4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 --- ver.d
 module ver;
 struct ver {}

 --- main.d
 private import ver;
 ver v; // compiler crash here!
I get: main.d(2): ver is used as a type
Jan 15 2004
parent reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bu85jf$2h8i$3 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu5fgh$11m4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 --- ver.d
 module ver;
 struct ver {}

 --- main.d
 private import ver;
 ver v; // compiler crash here!
I get: main.d(2): ver is used as a type
DMD 0.78 (Windows version) hangs up here in WindowsXP. Access Violation infomation:
AppName: dmd.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: e8004996
yaneurao.
"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu8mjq$cqk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bu85jf$2h8i$3 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"yaneurao" <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bu5fgh$11m4$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 --- ver.d
 module ver;
 struct ver {}

 --- main.d
 private import ver;
 ver v; // compiler crash here!
I get: main.d(2): ver is used as a type
DMD 0.78 (Windows version) hangs up here in WindowsXP. Access Violation infomation:
AppName: dmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: e8004996
yaneurao.
What dmd command line are you using? It does not fail when I try: dmd main
Jan 17 2004
next sibling parent reply yaneurao <yaneurao_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <buc8oo$99b$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
 DMD 0.78 (Windows version) hangs up here in WindowsXP.
 Access Violation infomation:
AppName: dmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: e8004996
What dmd command line are you using? It does not fail when I try: dmd main
I tryed: \dmd\bin\dmd main (main.d and ver.d exist in c:\ ,i.e. c:\main.d , c:\ver.d) I've tested in WindowsXP/2k/98. the results are the same. if I had have compiler source all or debug build version DMD compiler, I could trace and debug compiler's bug by symbolic debugger... yaneurao.
Jan 17 2004
parent Manfred Nowak <svv1999 hotmail.com> writes:
yaneurao schrieb:

 I've tested in WindowsXP/2k/98. the results are the same.
A metoo for win98se(german): `dmd main' delivers: | DMD verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite in Modul | <Unbekannt> bei 0000:e8004996. Surprising that the address is the same. So long. -- Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ 2EA56D6D4DC41ABA311615946D3248A1
Jan 18 2004
prev sibling parent reply ahiru <ahiru moephp.org> writes:
In article <buc8oo$99b$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
What dmd command line are you using? It does not fail when I try:
    dmd main
please try this code. == mod.d == // empty == test.d == import mod; mod var; - result: C:\Documents and Settings\ahiru>dmd -v Digital Mars D Compiler v0.78 // snip C:\Documents and Settings\ahiru>dmd -v test parse test semantic test CLASH X( - ahiru
Jan 18 2004
parent dave daveandrews.org writes:
In article <bufstr$118$1 digitaldaemon.com>, ahiru says...
In article <buc8oo$99b$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
What dmd command line are you using? It does not fail when I try:
    dmd main
please try this code. == mod.d == // empty == test.d == import mod; mod var; - result: C:\Documents and Settings\ahiru>dmd -v Digital Mars D Compiler v0.78 // snip C:\Documents and Settings\ahiru>dmd -v test parse test semantic test CLASH X( - ahiru
I had this exact same problem, I believe... I narrowed it down to having a class declared in a separate d file and then instanciating an object of that class. It did the same on Windows and linux. I sent an email to Walter and I he replied that it was fixed... Can't wait for next release :) -Dave
Jan 19 2004