D - Weird linker error

reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
H:\SynSoft\D\phobos\std\dtl>dmd -c -version=MainTest vector.d && link
vector.obj
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

P:\Programs\dm\beta\dm\Bin\..\lib\SNN.lib(_exit)  Offset 061D5H Record Type
00C3
 Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __Exit

Any ideas?

(I'm off to bed now. A reply in the next ~8hrs would be great. :))
Jan 05 2004
next sibling parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
H and P ? scary lol.

Glad to see ur working on dtl.  Plans for a COM template library ?

( sorry no help here )

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:btbpjr$2fa1$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 H:\SynSoft\D\phobos\std\dtl>dmd -c -version=MainTest vector.d && link
 vector.obj
 OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

 P:\Programs\dm\beta\dm\Bin\..\lib\SNN.lib(_exit)  Offset 061D5H Record
Type
 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __Exit

 Any ideas?

 (I'm off to bed now. A reply in the next ~8hrs would be great. :))
Jan 05 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
 H and P ? scary lol.
I always have a large number of partitions. And I'm always surprised when I go to a software house and see they've got their poor developers scratting around on C:. Talk about thinking outside the square ... not!
 Glad to see ur working on dtl.
I have 13 chapters to go on my book, and 25 days to finish it, so any DTL can only be a small distraction here and there when I need a rest. But, yes, I am planning a very serious attempt at DTL in Feb/March, and the intention is for us to have a first version working in time for Walter's presentation at SDWest. He's promised to be accommodating to the needs of DTL in the compiler/language, so that we can have at least the power of the STL (and a lot more!), but none of the painful TMP (Template Meta Programming) hoop jumping required in C++. W've already got typeof, which is a great thing! Don't tell anyone, but I plan to piggyback free-operators and a few other things in on it .... ;)
  Plans for a COM template library ?
Yes, but DTL comes first. Oh, and I have to get a job in April! Being an author for 18 months doesn't exactly fill the coffers. My wife and I are considering going to the US for 2-3 years, so if anyone knows of any smart companies that'll be hiring in spring and want to sponsor an Australianised Englishman ... :)

 ( sorry no help here )
Oh well, I'll have to bug big W directly, then, methinks.
 "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
 news:btbpjr$2fa1$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 H:\SynSoft\D\phobos\std\dtl>dmd -c -version=MainTest vector.d && link
 vector.obj
 OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
 Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

 P:\Programs\dm\beta\dm\Bin\..\lib\SNN.lib(_exit)  Offset 061D5H Record
Type
 00C3
  Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __Exit

 Any ideas?

 (I'm off to bed now. A reply in the next ~8hrs would be great. :))
Jan 05 2004
next sibling parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Cool SDWest!  That'll bring alot of attention to D.  I'd plan on attending
but the fee's are outrageous ( for all expos not just this one , I guess
mostly people are sent by their employers ).

Lots of US jobs are going to India, maybe you should move there ! ( only
kidding, they still have the plague last time i checked lol ).

"Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> wrote in message
news:btcm5k$s30$6 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

 :)

parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
 Cool SDWest!  That'll bring alot of attention to D.  I'd plan on attending
 but the fee's are outrageous ( for all expos not just this one , I guess
 mostly people are sent by their employers ).
Indeed. At the moment, all I can afford is a walk to the beach!
 Lots of US jobs are going to India, maybe you should move there ! ( only
 kidding, they still have the plague last time i checked lol ).
He he. I only need five good years' income, and then I'm giving it all up to produce fine hand-made chocolates.
[...]

prev sibling parent "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Hmm, think ill fips my partition , break em up.  Good call!

[...]

Use /noi