D - [bug] Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116

reply Dmitry Morozhnikov <Dmitry_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hello all.

First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming language i
ever seen.

I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It look like
very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it compilable with
current dmd. I`m compile digc, but it can`t help me. Probably it is designed not
for the windows9x environment -- it is produce too long command line strings to
run dmd compiler. So i go to compile dig by hands (with a very simple
written-in-several-minutes ruby script). There many changes was made on dig
source -- library names like 'ctype' -> 'std.ctype', operator overloading
methods like 'addass' -> 'opAddAssign', etc. And at some moment i was stopped by
a message when compiling net\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.d:

Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116

with a command 'dmd -O -unittest -c net\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.d
-ofnet\BurtonRadons\dig\common\math.obj'. When i drop -O switch i receive
different error message:

Internal error: ..\ztc\cgcs.c 350

which is stop me totally. What can i do with it? May be there is a different,
more successful effort to port dig to current dmd?

Version of dmd compiler is 0.76. (After this report is written, i found what a
new version 0.77 is available. All are the same except line numbers in error
messages. They are respectively: 4183 and 353).

Another question about D in general: why there no default values for function
parameters like:

void aaa(int a, float b, double c = 0.0)

? It is difficult to live without them.

BTW: is there a news->maillist gateway for this group?
Jan 04 2004
next sibling parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming language i
 ever seen.

 I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It look like
 very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it compilable with
 current dmd.
Someone did that already.(Andy or JJ?) do a seach on this news group. the dig link on the D links page should be marked as outdated and a new link to the updated version should be offered. Ant
Jan 04 2004
parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
JC did, its at

http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dig.html

Welcome to D !

"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.01.04.21.29.00.819682 yahoo.ca...
 First of all i need to say what D is a best compiling programming
language i
 ever seen.

 I think i found a problem when play with Buton Radons dig library. It
look like
 very serious, but i found it very outdated and tryed to make it
compilable with
 current dmd.
Someone did that already.(Andy or JJ?) do a seach on this news group. the dig link on the D links page should be marked as outdated and a new link to the updated version should be offered. Ant
Jan 04 2004
parent Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman mail.ru> writes:
Thank you very much! I`m going to try it..

In article <bta0q6$2dpd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, C says...
JC did, its at

http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/dig.html

Welcome to D !

"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.01.04.21.29.00.819682 yahoo.ca...
"Dmitry Morozhnikov" <Dmitry_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bt9vsc$2cgf$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Internal error: ..\ztc\cod2.c 4116
Can you reduce it to a small bit of source code that reproduces the problem?
Jan 05 2004
parent Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman mail.ru> writes:
In article <btd9il$1ond$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

Can you reduce it to a small bit of source code that reproduces the problem?
Ok. There is: struct T { T create() { T t; return t; }; /* * no error when this code added: * * bit opEquals(T b) { * return true; * }; */ bit test() { return create() == *this; }; };
Jan 06 2004