D - D and intellisense and import and leds

reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
I'm starting intellisense for leds.
(the code browser, although not prety,
it's starting to be good enought - mind you, still alpha quality)

You know what's gonna be interesting about it?
We do not know what is provided by which import!
It's going to be crazy!
on large applications one might have to browse a few hundread
source files before figuring out what is needed!
I mean: module myApp.myModuleA might supply class B.
And, of course, we might get lost on a tree of import
dependencies before getting to the requested definition...

Also: I created module dui.All.
This is not a good idea (not too bad on D and for DUI).
maybe the eclipse feature "organize imports" should
also be priority 1(?)

Anyway, as I do 99% OO I'm gonna do it first for
1 module, 1 class, same name.

hmmm... maybe leds could have a project flag "strict OO"
to speed up some of the searches.

anyone interested on creating a "strict OO" version of phobos?
let me know where it is ;)

please fill free to contribute to leds
(from web page grammar corrections to requests to ideas to code).

About leds:
the first goal is to make it feature rich
(I guess intellisense is the last one for now),
then user configurable,
then look good,
then beta quality.

this is against the proven
"if you can't make it good at least make it look good"...
but I need help to make it look good (just look at my web pages...).

Ant
Dec 27 2003
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
I wish I could help, but there's no windows version ;(.  Not that I have
much time to help.

PS - Please put the leds homepage or your homepage on your D newsgroup
footer.

parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 I wish I could help, but there's no windows version ;(.
I'm just waiting for the inclusion of recls into phobos. (now that I think of it the combo box is broken on the windows version of DUI...) Do you think we could convince Walter to make independent releases for dmd and phobos?
 Not that I have much time to help.
I don't know if people realizes that time is really the single most valueable thing in life.

 PS - Please put the leds homepage or your homepage on your D newsgroup
 footer.
you mean http://leds.sourceforge.net ? every time I put an URL here I get a boost on the hits count. and there is really nothing new on leds... since the last reference. I hate waisting people time (see previous note) Ant
Dec 27 2003
next sibling parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
you mean http://leds.sourceforge.net ?

every time I put an URL here I get a boost on the hits count.
and there is really nothing new on leds... since the last reference.
I hate waisting people time (see previous note)

Ant

Fine, it's just that every time some talks about something on their webpage, I have to either go to the D page and look it up, go through my bookmarks, or try to remember the name - to make sure what I'm saying is actually correct (ie leds doesn't support windows yet). Anderson
Dec 27 2003
parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:bsluan$4c7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
you mean http://leds.sourceforge.net ?

every time I put an URL here I get a boost on the hits count.
and there is really nothing new on leds... since the last reference.
I hate waisting people time (see previous note)

Ant
Fine, it's just that every time some talks about something on their webpage, I have to either go to the D page and look it up, go through my bookmarks, or try to remember the name - to make sure what I'm saying is actually correct (ie leds doesn't support windows yet).
I think it's better to have it on the signature, although I always forget to include mine. =P -- Matthew Wilson STLSoft moderator (http://www.stlsoft.org) Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal (www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns) "But if less is more, think how much more more will be!" -- Dr Frazier Crane ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Dec 28 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.12.28.06.20.06.50220 yahoo.ca...
 I wish I could help, but there's no windows version ;(.
I'm just waiting for the inclusion of recls into phobos.
It's coming in v0.77. It's all ready, but Walter needs to update his Linux machine in order to compile it. (Though you didn't hear it from me!!)
 I don't know if people realizes that time is really the single
 most valueable thing in life.
I do!
Dec 28 2003