D - import blocks

reply Lewis <dethbomb hotmail.com> writes:
Was just thinking that import blocks may be a handy thing to have

instead of...

import std.string;
import std.c.windows.windows;
import std.utf;

something like

import {
std.string;
std.c.windows.windows;
std.utf;
}

or

import { std.string; std.c.windows.windows; std.utf; }

you would still have the order of include you want , it would just save some
typing

just a thought :)
Dec 20 2003
parent reply "Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
 you would still have the order of include you want , it would just save
some typing
 just a thought :)
You can do this: import std.string, foo, std.stream;
Dec 20 2003
parent reply Lewis <dethbomb hotmail.com> writes:
Vathix wrote:
you would still have the order of include you want , it would just save
some typing
just a thought :)
You can do this: import std.string, foo, std.stream;
oh, ok... sorry didnt know that was possible, thanks
Dec 20 2003
parent reply "C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> writes:
Lewis wrote:
 Vathix wrote:

 you would still have the order of include you want , it would just save
some typing
 just a thought :)
You can do this: import std.string, foo, std.stream;
oh, ok... sorry didnt know that was possible, thanks
Neither did I... :O Sweet. I was about to say how much I like this idea... guess I'll say how much I like that somebody did it (all hail Walter!?). - C. Sauls - Invironz
Dec 20 2003
parent reply "Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
"C. Sauls" <ibisbasenji yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bs2ek1$hde$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Lewis wrote:
 Vathix wrote:

 you would still have the order of include you want , it would just
save
 some typing

 just a thought :)
You can do this: import std.string, foo, std.stream;
oh, ok... sorry didnt know that was possible, thanks
Neither did I... :O Sweet. I was about to say how much I like this idea... guess I'll say how much I like that somebody did it (all hail Walter!?). - C. Sauls - Invironz
I was wondering why not many people were using it :)
Dec 20 2003

Lewis wrote:

Vathix wrote:

you would still have the order of include you want , it would just

save
some typing

just a thought :)

You can do this: import std.string, foo, std.stream;
oh, ok... sorry didnt know that was possible, thanks
Neither did I... :O Sweet. I was about to say how much I like this idea... guess I'll say how much I like that somebody did it (all hail Walter!?). - C. Sauls - Invironz
I was wondering why not many people were using it :)
Personally I find the single import easier to copy/paste.
Dec 20 2003
parent "Charles" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Yea, i like them spread out makes it easier to read (for me ), i usually
dont do bit x, y, z, ab; either :).

"J Anderson" <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> wrote in message
news:bs2k3g$ppq$2 digitaldaemon.com...