D - array constants

reply "Pavel Minayev" <evilone omen.ru> writes:
I wonder if [] thingie coukd be used not only to initialize
arrays, but to create them on the fly as well? Like
that:

    int min(int[]);
    min([1, x, 10]);

Since it would be a dynamic array, it gets collected
by the GC so no memory leaks. Since the same thing
works for strings, why not for generic arrays:

    // pretty much the same
    s = "generated";
    strlen("dynamically " + s + " string");
Nov 20 2001
Array literals are a good idea, and will likely get implemented. -Walter

news:9tduir$jrk$1 digitaldaemon.com...