D - Exception strings

reply "Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
One thing that bugs me about exceptions is that toString() returns strings
with all different styles. Some capitalize the first letter in all words,
some just the first; some use complete sentences; etc. I think all these
differences in error messages make your application seem less professional.
I'd like to have a common style. I don't particularly like having every word
capitalized. I think complete sentences would be the best.
Sure this is a pretty silly complaint, but it's better to fix it rather than
just ignore it. :)
Dec 04 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
Sounds agreeable to me. :)

"Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:bqnl08$p89$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing that bugs me about exceptions is that toString() returns strings
 with all different styles. Some capitalize the first letter in all words,
 some just the first; some use complete sentences; etc. I think all these
 differences in error messages make your application seem less
professional.
 I'd like to have a common style. I don't particularly like having every
word
 capitalized. I think complete sentences would be the best.
 Sure this is a pretty silly complaint, but it's better to fix it rather
than
 just ignore it. :)
Dec 04 2003
parent davepermen <davepermen_member pathlink.com> writes:
best would be, if exceptions would follow the same rules than compiler errors..

because in textpad that would mean i could double click onto the exception and
jump to the piece of code that caused it:D

In article <bqokcd$271a$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
Sounds agreeable to me. :)

"Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:bqnl08$p89$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 One thing that bugs me about exceptions is that toString() returns strings
 with all different styles. Some capitalize the first letter in all words,
 some just the first; some use complete sentences; etc. I think all these
 differences in error messages make your application seem less
professional.
 I'd like to have a common style. I don't particularly like having every
word
 capitalized. I think complete sentences would be the best.
 Sure this is a pretty silly complaint, but it's better to fix it rather
than
 just ignore it. :)
Dec 05 2003