D - I Still Exist!!

reply Benji Smith <dlanguage xxagg.com> writes:
Hey, I see a few people have asked about me.

I still exist. I was in a car accident a few months ago, and I've
spent a lot of time at the chiropractor. But I'm nearly fully
recovered, and I'm down to just once-a-week with the chiropractor.

I've been consistently lurking in the D ng for the last couple of
months, but I haven't been participating much lately. I've been up to
my eyeballs managing projects at work. I work for a startup company
doing computational linguistics; we've gotten a lot more busy in the
last couple of months with some really big clients, and I've gotten a
little disconnected from the D community.

But I'm still very interested in being as much of a support as I can.

The D repository site is stalled at the moment.

I was trying to cram it full of really cool features before launching
it, but I think that was a mistake.

Instead, I should just get SOMETHING up. I'll work on it this weekend.
On Monday, I'll make an announcement. Either the site will be up and
running or it won't. We'll see.

Thanks for your patience.

--Benji
Dec 03 2003
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 Hey, I see a few people have asked about me.

 I still exist.
We are glad you do!
 The D repository site is stalled at the moment.

 I was trying to cram it full of really cool features before launching
 it, but I think that was a mistake.

 Instead, I should just get SOMETHING up. I'll work on it this weekend.
 On Monday, I'll make an announcement. Either the site will be up and
 running or it won't. We'll see.
We thank you if you can do it. We will not hold it against you if you can't. (not very well written but you get the idea) Ant
Dec 03 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Benji Smith" <dlanguage xxagg.com> wrote in message
news:s2bssv09elol9t13qrniedcv4hlln41atf 4ax.com...
 I still exist. I was in a car accident a few months ago, and I've
 spent a lot of time at the chiropractor. But I'm nearly fully
 recovered, and I'm down to just once-a-week with the chiropractor.
Good to have you back!
 I was trying to cram it full of really cool features before launching
 it, but I think that was a mistake.
 Instead, I should just get SOMETHING up. I'll work on it this weekend.
I think that's the right strategy. Incremental improvement.
Dec 04 2003
prev sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Hey benji glad to see your alright!

Sounds good on the site, cant wait ;).