D - Ok, I did a "hello world" app, now what?

reply Berin Loritsch <bloritsch d-haven.org> writes:
I would like to play with some aspects of D, but I cannot without some
pointers.  Is there a place for me to RTFM on linking against any arbitrary
C library?

In particular, I would like to link to the OpenGL libraries for Windows.
I have the header files, the .lib and .dll files that I would need to work

Dec 02 2003
In article <bqimp7$2l1d$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Berin Loritsch says...
Didn't you find: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/interface.html ?
In particular, I would like to link to the OpenGL libraries for Windows.
I have the header files,
check the swig for D for the headers. I think there are OpenGL headers available for D every where. I think Mike or Andy have them. DIG should have them DUI has them (from Mesa not the latest version) maybe more... find those key words on the D links or news pages.
the .lib and .dll files that I would need to work

Let us know of the result of your playing. Ant
Dec 02 2003
parent reply Berin Loritsch <bloritsch d-haven.org> writes:
Ant wrote:

 In article <bqimp7$2l1d$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Berin Loritsch says...

I would like to play with some aspects of D, but I cannot without some
pointers.  Is there a place for me to RTFM on linking against any arbitrary
C library?
Didn't you find: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/interface.html ?
So I have to write a D wrapper for all the GL functions that specify extern(C) (in contrast to extern("C"))?...

In particular, I would like to link to the OpenGL libraries for Windows.
I have the header files,
check the swig for D for the headers. I think there are OpenGL headers available for D every where. I think Mike or Andy have them. DIG should have them DUI has them (from Mesa not the latest version) maybe more... find those key words on the D links or news pages.
The DUI project seemed more for GTK integration, which I don't necessarily want. If Mike or Andy has them is there a link? I have looked at a few of the pages, and I didn't see the OpenGL headers links. Apparently, the .lib files have to be compiled in D for it to work....
Dec 02 2003
next sibling parent reply Berin Loritsch <bloritsch d-haven.org> writes:
I found some old OpenGL 1.1 wrappers for D, the only problem is
the use of the "extended" keyword.  I am not familiar with this,
and I assume it is an old now unused D keyword.  Is that correct?
Dec 02 2003
"Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch d-haven.org> wrote in message
news:bqisjc$2tmg$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I found some old OpenGL 1.1 wrappers for D, the only problem is
 the use of the "extended" keyword.  I am not familiar with this,
 and I assume it is an old now unused D keyword.  Is that correct?
Hmm. There is no "extended" keyword in D.
Dec 09 2003
parent Andy Friesen <andy ikagames.com> writes:
Walter wrote:

 "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch d-haven.org> wrote in message
 news:bqisjc$2tmg$1 digitaldaemon.com...

I found some old OpenGL 1.1 wrappers for D, the only problem is
the use of the "extended" keyword.  I am not familiar with this,
and I assume it is an old now unused D keyword.  Is that correct?
Hmm. There is no "extended" keyword in D.
I think it's called 'real' now. -- andy
Dec 09 2003
prev sibling parent Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bqirkt$2s0f$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Berin Loritsch says...
Ant wrote:

 In article <bqimp7$2l1d$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Berin Loritsch says...

I would like to play with some aspects of D, but I cannot without some
pointers.  Is there a place for me to RTFM on linking against any arbitrary
C library?
Didn't you find: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/interface.html ?
So I have to write a D wrapper for all the GL functions that specify extern(C) (in contrast to extern("C"))?...
That's how I do it.
 check the swig for D for the headers.
 I think there are OpenGL headers available for D every where.
 I think Mike or Andy have them.
 DIG should have them
 DUI has them (from Mesa not the latest version)
 maybe more...
 find those key words on the D links or news pages.
The DUI project seemed more for GTK integration, which I don't necessarily want.
Yep, from DIG or DUI grab the sources and select the OpenGL header
If Mike or Andy has them is there a link?
I'm not sure I believe I come across the headers sometime ago... also try the wiki4d. Ant
Dec 02 2003